AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th December, 2002, 01:39 AM

8k9a Bios?

Hello,

I'm trying to setup an 8K9A system but have been unable to find any BIOS (for that matter, any mention of the board) for the 8K9A motherboard.

Not the 2, not the 2+, just the plain-jane 8K9A.

If EPoX Tech, Holst, or anybody else can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Althought one of the EPoX branches lists a BIOS for the 8K9A, the link is actually for a dated 8K9A2 board, not the 8K9A.

Thanks in Advance
Old 8th December, 2002, 08:28 AM

Welcome to the forums,Yousearch.

If you're looking for mention of the board on epox's website you can go here:

link

If you need the stock bios, I can get you that. Other than that, seems our Miss Plain Jane hasn't gotten much attention from her creator. I think it's a shame really; the board is nothing less than excellent.

Maybe ET could shed some light?
Old 9th December, 2002, 04:20 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I found the mention of the board, thanks. I'm using the release BIOS, I was just looking for a newer BIOS that allowed for the same multiplier unlocking that the 8K9A2 got in a BIOS update.

Maybe we'll hear back tomorrow from EPoX Tech or Holst (Monday)?

Peace
Old 9th December, 2002, 04:33 AM

Yep...........dang shame that right now the only board gettin the hot press is the 8RDA+. The 8K9A truly rocks and it has features that have yet to be tapped. There's a thread at amdmb.com that you should check out. This guy has had the board up to 249FSB and posted some memory scores that were truly staggering!
Old 9th December, 2002, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cpufast
Yep...........dang shame that right now the only board gettin the hot press is the 8RDA+. The 8K9A truly rocks and it has features that have yet to be tapped. There's a thread at amdmb.com that you should check out. This guy has had the board up to 249FSB and posted some memory scores that were truly staggering!
umm.. WOW. I'm running my board at 189. I just wish my PCI devices would allow me to run it faster. I know the motherboard isn't lacking the potential.

Going to check out that post at amdmb now.
Old 9th December, 2002, 07:54 AM

Bump for a new BIOS please

Peace
Old 9th December, 2002, 08:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Genius

We 8K3A+ users could go for a new bios as well. I believe that latest official does not function with Raid properly without disabling the USB ports. We could use proper fcd as well. Just waiting for a Raid version of the 8RDA.
Abit NF7-S - AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @2300MHz - 210fsb (decided I don't have to redline ) - 1 GB PC3500 Corsair PLT 11-2-2-2 - Thermalright SLK-800 + Vantec Tornado 84.1cfm - ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 360/340 - Sony G420S 19" - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Logitech Z-680 Speakers - Dual Western Digital 80GB 8mb RAID 0 - Western Digital 80GB 2mb buffa' pr0n storage - LiteOn 16x DVD - LiteOn 52x24x52 Burner - Windows XP SP1a.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2003, 11:32 AM

Question 12-16-02 BIOS

i have downloaded the newest 8k9a BIOS. i have a minor problem though. even as i was clocking my tbred 1700+ @ 1650mhz = XP2000+, the boot screen is telling me i have a 1700+ running at 1650mhz. even wcpuid and sandra says the cpu is running at 1650mhz, but the name string appears as athlon xp 1700+. when i increase the freq to 1730mhz, the pr rating appears as only 1800+ when it should have been 2100+. other than that that bios release seems fine. it even has memory settings particular to DDR400.

that same thing happens even with the original bios when i use 166fsb or higher. what is displayed is only the true mhz reading.
Old 5th February, 2003, 07:13 PM

Hey guys. I too have an 8k9a board which I ditched for a 8rda+

why? cause my and my buds bought one and we all have the same prob. After 193FSB windows corrupts.

We all have ram that can handle waaay higher than 193 (OCZ 3500EL DC )

so right now its just sitting in its lil box.

other than that. the board rocks.
Old 20th February, 2003, 04:59 PM

@yousearch

try this:

8k9a/ai

http://www.epox.de/dl/techsupp/8K9A3212.BIN

LACIBAER