AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th December, 2002, 09:52 PM

Question Blank screen on 8RDA+

Hallo! i have big problem whit my 8rda+!! i have a black screen and post code FF
Old 29th December, 2002, 10:21 PM

Does the indicator cykles through postcodes and stops at FF or just hangs at FF at once?
Old 29th December, 2002, 10:28 PM

FF

hangs on FF
Old 30th December, 2002, 01:45 AM

Have you tried pressing the reset button and then the insert button as soon as it starts booting?
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th December, 2002, 01:59 AM

no display

longhorn , What video card are you using and have you tried re-seating it ? You haven't changed the agp voltage in bios setup ? New card or worked in another system ? Have you tried reseating your ram ? tried failsafe settings ?
bob
Old 30th December, 2002, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bob
Have you tried pressing the reset button and then the insert button as soon as it starts booting?
Yes i have try it... only i have post FF
Old 30th December, 2002, 02:53 AM

Re: no display

Quote:
Originally posted by timbob2469
longhorn , What video card are you using and have you tried re-seating it ? You haven't changed the agp voltage in bios setup ? New card or worked in another system ? Have you tried reseating your ram ? tried failsafe settings ?
bob
Daytona gf4 ti 4200 128 mb. yes i changed voltage in bios setup!! ok i am trying put the card in another system..
Old 30th December, 2002, 03:14 AM

?

If you can get into the bios you cant be stuck on FF...

What exactly is the problem ?

Is this a resh intall of windows ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th December, 2002, 01:11 PM

No Bios!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
?

If you can get into the bios you cant be stuck on FF...

What exactly is the problem ?

Is this a resh intall of windows ?
I can not get in to the bios! only i have a black screen and post code FF.

i have a win xp pro new install.
Old 30th December, 2002, 04:23 PM

Red face

what happened was that while trying to change to different fsb settings (from 160 to 150) , after pressing F10 the window with the " updating frequenzy.... " message would not dissapear and computor reboot as it should. After the windowhang we waited for approx 10 min then reseted the computor. It goes to FF and then nothing. The videocard has been reinserted but still nothing. Can the bios be a sort of in between the 2 different settings?

edit: the screen is black and the power led on the monitor is yellow and it should turn green if it was normal boot.

Last edited by wrc; 30th December, 2002 at 04:28 PM.
Old 30th December, 2002, 04:56 PM

Okidoki

Quote:
Originally posted by wrc
what happened was that while trying to change to different fsb settings (from 160 to 150) , after pressing F10 the window with the " updating frequenzy.... " message would not dissapear and computor reboot as it should. After the windowhang we waited for approx 10 min then reseted the computor. It goes to FF and then nothing. The videocard has been reinserted but still nothing. Can the bios be a sort of in between the 2 different settings?

edit: the screen is black and the power led on the monitor is yellow and it should turn green if it was normal boot.

Ok du kan nu ta över detta :beer:
Old 30th December, 2002, 05:14 PM

Hi longhorn read my thread below.

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showt...536#post135536

I think you might have the same probs as me and i think it is the bios chip that has gone on my 8rda+, but i cant say fo sure yet untill i get my new bios chip, once i do I will update my orginal post about my problem, but in the mean time you can try everything i tried in the above thread just incase it is something else that is causing the problem hope this helps.
Old 30th December, 2002, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k2s
Hi longhorn read my thread below.

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showt...536#post135536

I think you might have the same probs as me and i think it is the bios chip that has gone on my 8rda+, but i cant say fo sure yet untill i get my new bios chip, once i do I will update my orginal post about my problem, but in the mean time you can try everything i tried in the above thread just incase it is something else that is causing the problem hope this helps.