AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 25th January, 2003, 10:29 AM

8rda+ problem: can't load bios screen

Well, I got an 8rda+ today, installed it, and was unable to get into the bios using delete. I noticed that it said I had a bad overclock though I obviously hadn't done anything being the first boot (I was thinking it had something to do with my 2100 tbred B.) When I hit the delete key I just get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner and a thick blue line along the bottom.

So I rebooted and tried repeatedly. Finally got into the bios. Set the time, looked around, brought up PC Health and it froze. Had to hit the power. On rebooting I at least had the option of hitting F1 to continue so I did. Installed windows and updated to the 1/17 bios. Still can't bring up the bios screen and get the same black, blue line screen after hitting delete.

Any suggestions? Super frustrating.
Old 25th January, 2003, 10:50 AM

Power supply?
Radeon 9000 Pro 128
Maxtor 80G
2 Elcheapo CD RW's
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th January, 2003, 11:00 AM

Hmm, I have a True Power 430 that I've been using with a KT4 Ultra for several months now without a problem.

After leaving the power off for about ten minutes I was able to get into the bios. Again, just changing the time and fsb to 133 and it won't boot. Now I can't get into the bios again, even after resetting the cmos repeatedly.