AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th February, 2003, 08:11 PM

8rda+ & Suse

I got my 8RDA+ yesterday, damn I love the thing I still have a few problems to work through but talk about smoooooth. Soon as I get some decent memory I'll be able to see how far she can clock up.

I was wondering if anyone knew what driver to use for the Ethernet port so that I can do a network install of SuSe linux? I was wondering if any of the existing drivers on the boot disk can be used. Thanks all

One very happy epox user
Old 7th February, 2003, 09:09 AM

I had a moment of clarity after smacking my head on a door frame today and it brought me out of my usual fog. I'll just install a pci ethernet card to install Suse and dump it after I find drivers for the board. Derrrrrr. By the by, I broke all my old scores on 3dmark today just playing around at work.....I got about 16940 without over clocking the card, I am sooo impressed....my old high score with my kt400 was about 15484 when I had everything pushed to the limit. I'm pretty sure I wasn't at the limits yet with this one. DAMN I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Did I mention I really liked this board?
Old 7th February, 2003, 09:13 AM
EPoX Tech

If I had seen the post I would have suggested :-

1. Get a good friend to d/l onto a CD
2. Install a hardware modem and d/l slowly
3. Install a Realtek card or similar and download quickly

Glad to hear you had a moment of clarity !!
Old 19th February, 2003, 08:38 AM

I just checked my notes at work and I feel stupid, not to mention a blatant liar. I had only hit 1608 on 3Dmark when I was setting things up, I don't know where the hell I pulled that number from, maybe because I got 15940 on the way up, maybe because it was so dramaticaly higher than anything I had hit with the KT400 chipset, I dunno. I've hit 16641 so far without touching the card and am working my way up, so 1700, I'm lookin atcha