AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th February, 2003, 02:35 AM

having a strange problem with my 8RDA+ BIOS

sometimes when i increase the Vcore save and reboot my system will completly power down seconds into the post when this happens sometimes if i wait a few seconds turn the PSU switch off then on again and try to power up it will boot up just fine but other times i need to reset the CMOS via the jumper and start over again and then sometimes it wont power down and will boot into windows just fine but from windows if i am to shut my system off when i try to reboot i will have the system powering down seconds into post, i dont really understand why its doing this or whats causing it

i thought it was a problem with the HIgh Vcore problem so i did the mod to fix that by removing that 678 resistor it seemed to help a little bit but it still powers down seconds into post for some odd reason

any ideas on why its doing this?
Old 11th February, 2003, 03:29 AM

this problem only comes up when i power down the system/shut it off after that if i power it back on it will power down seconds into post right after the 26 is displayed on the LED display

when it powers down the NB fan and PSU fans are still running does that mean anything?

Last edited by [H]eadup; 11th February, 2003 at 03:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th February, 2003, 08:05 AM

I would replace the resistor, clear the CMOS, and then see what you have. Removing the resistor was not an improvement for your board. I didn't remove the resistor when I posted the mod (as Spartacus at Xtreme), I cut the trace to pin16. Somebody reported that pin16 connects to more than one resistor. I never traced out the circuit as the mod worked for me by cutting the trace. That may be your problem though, the circuit may still be connected through another path.
Old 11th February, 2003, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Photon
I would replace the resistor, clear the CMOS, and then see what you have. Removing the resistor was not an improvement for your board. I didn't remove the resistor when I posted the mod (as Spartacus at Xtreme), I cut the trace to pin16. Somebody reported that pin16 connects to more than one resistor. I never traced out the circuit as the mod worked for me by cutting the trace. That may be your problem though, the circuit may still be connected through another path.

but is this the sympton of the HIgh Vcore shutdown problem because it only happens after i shutdown the system
Old 11th February, 2003, 06:26 PM

bump
Old 11th February, 2003, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by [H]eadup

but is this the sympton of the HIgh Vcore shutdown problem because it only happens after i shutdown the system

I understand that, but this is a new behavior since you removed the resistor correct?

You need to follow the cause and effect of your changes.