AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th February, 2003, 04:28 PM

EPoX Tech - Beta BIOS Question

I want to start this thread off by thanking you for providing support via this forum and via the U.S. Amdmbd forum. It is really appreciated!

I spawned this thread as an offshoot of the EP-8K5a3+ BETA BIOS that was issued by you. Would you care to comment on why this particular BETA BIOS and the German EPoX BETA BIOS all appear to flash properly, and are flashed following instructions by either the ALT-F2 or DOS Boot disk methods, and yet fail to work?

It is disturbing to see this happen. I realize that you mean well and are providing these BIOS-es as a service; BUT, it really would be better if EPoX released updated BI-OSes that have been tested on a more frequent occurrence. I came to EPoX from **** motherboards, so I am used to getting good BIOS support. I think the KG7 motherboard had close to 12 BIOS updates during it's lifespan (until now). Is there some reason that EPoX cannot follow suit a bit more closely? Especially for BIOS-es that have other support such as Highpoint RAID cards. Highpoint is already at least 2 revs beyond what is available from EPoX for the HPT374, for example.

As for me, I will not be trying any future BETA level BIOS-es without having a spare PLCC and a BIOS Savior on hand.

Again, thank you for your help! I do not intend for this post to be taken as a flame; rather, it is a cry for help in providing up to date BIOS-es for motherboards that are not perhaps the latest or greatest.
1G Crucial PC2700 DDR
2x 80G WD SE 8Meg Cache
52X CD; 24x12x40 Lite-On CDRW
ATI Radeon 9500 PRO
Antec SLK3700AMB case; stock fan
Windows XP Home, SP1
Netgear FA310TX 10/100 LAN

Last edited by Áedán; 25th June, 2003 at 09:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th February, 2003, 05:47 PM
EPoX Tech

I think that the BIOS reffered are BETA - as such we can only support for official releases.
Old 18th February, 2003, 05:57 PM

EPoX Tech - Thanks for the response. Yes, I understand that the Beta BIOS-es are unsupported. I accept that. So, how about some up-to-date official releases, specifically for the 8K5sa3+?
1G Crucial PC2700 DDR
2x 80G WD SE 8Meg Cache
52X CD; 24x12x40 Lite-On CDRW
ATI Radeon 9500 PRO
Antec SLK3700AMB case; stock fan
Windows XP Home, SP1
Netgear FA310TX 10/100 LAN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th February, 2003, 08:50 PM

or 8k5a2+ with bus disconnect.

DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra-D | AMD X2 4200 @ 2.6GHz | 1gb OCZ pc3200 rev2 TCC5 | ATI X800XT Platinum Edition| 2x120G WD | Plextor 712a | Antec SLK3700AMB| 520w OCZ PowerStream | Zalman 7000Cu

My Heatware 100% Positive
Old 21st February, 2003, 07:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Stang_Man

and a BIOS that will not become corrupt after clearing CMOS...

eeke
Old 25th June, 2003, 04:03 AM

Post EDIT:
Please read the announcement at the start of the EPOx Topic
I came to EPoX after having used ****, ***, **** and *** board (we have several PC's we use for business)...

RAID resutls in istability on my 8K9A2+ they send me a driver that is not on their site... it still doesn to work... they send me a beta bios... this board was released in 2002 and still I need to test stuff... with no guaranty that it will work.

Solution is simple. Sell the thing.

Last edited by Áedán; 25th June, 2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 25th June, 2003, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to YviE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung1235

I spawned this thread as an offshoot of the EP-8K5a3+ BETA BIOS that was issued by you. Would you care to comment on why this particular BETA BIOS and the German EPoX BETA BIOS all appear to flash properly, and are flashed following instructions by either the ALT-F2 or DOS Boot disk methods, and yet fail to work?
Are you talking about the BIOS they once posted in the forum? If so, i've used it for quite a while (4 or 5 months).
Then I had this problem where you had to take out the vid card in order to boot etc etc.

I also would like to see a new official bios for my 8K5A3+ with Barton support, new Raid bios, etc.

Can we have one, please?
SB Live! 5.1
Leadtek A250TD LE VIVO 275/275