AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd March, 2003, 06:57 PM

Need step by step instructions for 8RDA+ BIOS Flash using WinFlash

Did a search but wasn't able to find any detailed instructions.

I don't have a floppy so those methods are out. I have downloaded the Magic Bios utility from EPoX and the latest BIOS they have also. Unzipped the Magic Bios to a folder on my desktop then ran the setup.exe file as well as the BIOS .exe file to a seperate desktop folder.

I rebooted and then went to the folder that the Magic Bios utility was installed into (an epox one) and clicked on winflash which brought up the sorry but this program has caused an error (exactly what I wanted to see just then). That was the first one of its kind on this brand new build. I then figured for curiosity I would click on the winflash file from the desktop folder from when I unzipped the Magic Bios. That starts right up but immediately brings up a "Couldn't find file!" warning. Okay, not enjoying this so far.

I clicked ok and had since given up the idea that I am going to go through with this as my peace of mind isn't exactly soaring just now. Even so I was keeply overwhelmed by the options in there as I thought it was supposed to be simplified. I only quickly looked around and I am not going to go open it again just now but it listed two different places to update bios and update all. Clear CMOS options, checksum, etc.

Could anyone give me an idiots guide step by step on using this or link me to a place that has screenshots of what I should expect. That and what is up with the winflash that is installed from the setup.exe not even being able to open? Why can't it just say "would you like to flash your BIOS, click yes to proceed or cancel to quit". Then click yes and it say "place enter location of updated BIOS file you would like to flash". Then just a quick final reminder that it is about to begin and not to interrupt...
Old 2nd March, 2003, 07:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sirtoby

1. Download the newest bios, and unzip it.
2. Reboot computer, load defaults in bios. Save, restart.
3. Boot up windows, start winflash (cddrive:\UTILITY\TOOLS\MAGIC BIOS\winflash.exe)
4. File, Update BIOS. Select BIOS file and update. When updated, reboot computer. Go into BIOS and set everything up. Save and Exit.. you're done..
Old 2nd March, 2003, 08:09 PM

Should I attempt to get the latest version working from the EPoX site?

What do all the options mean?

Bootblock
PNP
DMI
Clear CMOS
Load CMOS
Update BIOS Now
Update BIOS All

Bootblock is checked by default and none of the others are. Could you kindly explain which is does and also which I should do (also if there is a difference between update now and update all).

Thanks.
Old 4th March, 2003, 07:37 AM

Can anyone explain what the following mean and under what circumstances I would use them?

Bootblock (on by default)
DMI
PNP
Load CMOS
Clear CMOS

and it lists two update bios options, one is the icon on the main screen saying 'update bios now' and the other under the view saying 'update all'. What is the one to use if there is a difference between them?

Can I just run the winflash.exe after unzipping the utility or should I run the setup.exe file to install and then run it? Or is it best to run the whole Magic BIOS program and get to the winflash.exe from within that?

.Here are some screenshots of the program
Old 6th March, 2003, 12:22 PM

Can anyone address my last post?

Thanks.
Old 6th March, 2003, 01:19 PM

install magic bios then run winflash from the installation directory.

use all the default settings, if you get a checksum error dont continue flashing.

then use the method sirtoby recomends.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th March, 2003, 01:35 PM

Thanks. Will give it a shot.
Old 16th July, 2003, 12:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to madest

Hmm I have used Magig flash only ... and i dont want to use awd flashing.
so i have to ask once more .. have there been cases when Magic Flash (winflash) destroyed or damaged Bios ??