AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th March, 2003, 08:56 AM

Try this BIOS for Corsair memory

I have been stuck at 204 (not complaining, mind you....just always looking for more, get it?) and found this BIOS for 8RDA+ and another for 8RDA just for Corsair memory. It works like a charm. I set my memory at 2.9v, SPD, and 4,2,2,2.0 and voil├*, I'm up and booting and running at 210. Look below!
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Last edited by Uncle Bob; 25th April, 2003 at 01:08 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th March, 2003, 09:03 AM

Just over 210 and runnig SETI @ Home as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Try this BIOS for Corsair memory-211fsb.jpg  
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th March, 2003, 09:04 AM

At 216 the video may need to be cranked up, but everything else is cranking along.....WOW UB is stoked. I'm in unchartered territory and Mary Jo is asleep so I can't yell!!!LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Try this BIOS for Corsair memory-216fsb.jpg  

Old 5th March, 2003, 09:20 AM

Ok....golly gee, I hit a bit of a wall at 220. No complaints, that's for sure! It boots all the way into windows and auto reboots as the welcome screen is flashing by. It's late and I'm pooped. All I can say for tonight is this BIOS has solved my problems as far as booting with higher FSB settings and using Corsair memory is concerned. I'm using the Vdd mod BTW and it's set at 1.82 as you can see by MBM. My next mods may involve the vdimm mods shown here in English and more graphically but in Japanese (I guess???not sure what language it is for sure!) here.

UB is a happy camper tonight!!!!

Old 5th March, 2003, 09:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to e2eKi3L

im gonna try it in a sec... im a bit worried about it cos it is hacked
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Old 5th March, 2003, 09:55 AM

I was too! I figured I had nothing to loose. Remember to put your BIOS settings to Optimal Default before flashing!!!! This is very important! Use a freshly formatted floppy. I used the ALT F2 and it saw the BIOS and flashed it no problemo!

Best of luck to ya!

Old 5th March, 2003, 10:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to e2eKi3L

did u have to use different ram??
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Old 5th March, 2003, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by e2eKi3L
did u have to use different ram??
I didn't. I've been using 1 GB CORSAIR XMS DRAM 32MX8 PC-3200 CAS 2 all along. With this BIOS I am able to take advantage of whatever was holding me back. I believe this BIOS is written just for Corsair memory if I'm not mistaken.

Old 5th March, 2003, 07:09 PM

UB

I really like the Hacked Corsair version also. This BIOS just
has a good "feel" to it. It sets the RAM parameters in BIOS
at Expert... 100%... 7-3-3-2.5 by default. So that Corsair
will boot up. Then changes can be made from there.
Don't know what else was done with the code but 98SE
loads twice as fast as it was prior.
Like you... I gained a bunch of FSB with no other changes.
Can make 218-220 sync.
So I tried some 0CZ and some Twinmoss DDR and these
work well also.

Pops.

Old 5th March, 2003, 07:34 PM

I thought that bios only change the default spd data only.
Old 5th March, 2003, 07:34 PM

Way cool, huh? I am still pinching myself! I went to bed after 1 am last night (crap, day had started at 4am!) dead tired and like a peapikkin kid at Christmas morning, came into my computer room to see if it was still running....lo and behold it was! 216 all night no problems.

Old 5th March, 2003, 07:55 PM

working great for me too bob.2226 timings,prime stable and played unreal 2 for over 3 hours.still not at the limit yet.......

.thanks for the link
Attached Thumbnails
Try this BIOS for Corsair memory-snap1.jpg  

Last edited by herman; 5th March, 2003 at 07:59 PM.
Old 5th March, 2003, 07:57 PM

I wonder if this would help my 192mhz maxed out self.

I've got the pc3200LL, for one reason or another I've never had the issue with my spd settings.
Old 5th March, 2003, 10:38 PM

ok guys, help me out here, i have no idea what im doing wrong.

I just got 2 sticks of Corsair XMS3200LL Twinx.

I was using the latest bios, as of last week.
I never tried that "new" one that reported dual channnel since it sounded a bit risky.

I flashed to the 3129mod.bin bios , rebooted, set bios defaults, put corsair ram in, rebooted, it wont post.

I put old ram in, booted, set to optimized bios defaults, put corsair in , rebooted , wont post.

Ok, so I figured i screwed up by not being sure I had my bios at optimized defaults b4 I flashed, so I flashed back to my old bios, set EVERYTHING to defaults, then flashed to the 3129mod.bios....put my corsair back in..... wont post

Held down insert key....wont post

Apparently Im doing something wrong here.
Do i need to just set the ram timing myself in expert mode, then if I oc too high and need to clear the cmos (or hold insert) it will still use the timings I set manually so my corsair will boot?

Id really like to know, so i can boot off my corsair if i push my system too high while oC'ing.

Cuz as Im sure you all already know, swapping ram in and out just to post , change timings, swap ram again, just to boot is a real pain!

Ok, so where am i screwing this up?

Last edited by mtdew332; 5th March, 2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 6th March, 2003, 02:16 PM

Luck of The Draw I Guess

I would certainly not rain on anyone's parade...I've tried every bios I've seen since I've had Frank-In-Stein...and I always end uP with the orginial shipping version...I know that the limiting factor with Frank is that jacklegg cors_hair XMS POC memory...I've spoken with the Ram Guy from cors_hair several times and they're bout as useful as a stic at a gunfight...(I am waitin for a rma though)...the other thing to remember is that with this new chipset...there are always growing pains to be expected...hence the hacked bios that is workin miracles for Uncle Bob...yep...I've used that one too...just remember...not all boards are created the same...an Frank is a version 1.1 box stock...on air...Way kewl UB...Much Success to all!!!...

Left as in sig...right as in sig with 1700b
Attached Thumbnails
Try this BIOS for Corsair memory-big-and-jr.jpg jr.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	5205  

X_Peed2400/currently XP1700
Epox-8r_Da
Anorexic_TruePowDer 550w_aste of ca$h
M_ax C_ooling X_pence 462+/Semi_Smart Fan II
2*512Mb Cors_hair X_tra M_oney S_pent PC3200C2
ATI Radiation8500
Sin2k/MaXtor'd60giggleATA133
Memor_XXX 4.8x2.4x4.8
Old 6th March, 2003, 07:48 PM

I'm not 100% sure what changes are made in the bios (i'm not the guy who makes them, I just host them exclusively) but I know for sure that the SPD settings are changed. I have had a few people report higher fsb speeds with it, but I belvie that is due to small changes in it that can affect individual systems.

For example, lowering the pci latency timer from 32 to 64 has been known to slightly raise max fsb speed on some boards. (not nessecarily true for this board, but a good example)
Old 7th March, 2003, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k1114
I'm not 100% sure what changes are made in the bios (i'm not the guy who makes them, I just host them exclusively) but I know for sure that the SPD settings are changed. I have had a few people report higher fsb speeds with it, but I belvie that is due to small changes in it that can affect individual systems.

For example, lowering the pci latency timer from 32 to 64 has been known to slightly raise max fsb speed on some boards. (not nessecarily true for this board, but a good example)
Well, thanks for hosting it. It's appreciated.

Old 7th March, 2003, 03:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to dr5op3rdud3

wow so you guys are getting all this 210+ FSB wid pc3200???

I have mines running at 200fsb with not mods, but would love to see if i could push it up to 210...

RIP SF2
Old 7th March, 2003, 06:28 AM

I'm at 215 right now

Old 7th March, 2003, 06:40 AM

Which version did you guys download? The latest?