AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th December, 2001, 06:15 PM
Banned

HELP Epox 8k7a and 1.4 mhz bird

I got two epox 8k7a's here and one 1.4 mhz bird. I cant get video card signal. All the code does on the Epox board is jump straight to FF. No beeps or anything.
Memory is good as I have used it on another computer.
I have just video card both agp and pci and motherboard along with keyboard/mouse and floppy drive hooked up. Powersupply is 425 watt pcpower and cooling.

The people i bought my stuff from all claim that thier stuff was working when it was sold to me. So what do i do to figure this all out. I dont have a extra processor sitting around. Nor can I tear down my main computer to test with

Jen
Old 8th December, 2001, 06:31 PM
EPoX Tech

Firstly clear the CMOS
Then to check the PSU, put the JCK1 jumper back to 100MHz to see if it will boot at 1050MHz (assuming that it is a 266MHz FSB part)
Reseat everything and try again.
In desperation and before returning to the reseller, power the board outside of the case on a book but by no means on an anti static bag (they are only antistatic on the inside and very static on the outside). Short across the power terminals on the board to trigger the power.

If still no go, it may be that you have been sold a faulty board (I will admit that they do exist cynics so don't get excited)

Keep your eyes on the LED like a hawk for any signs of life at all times.
Old 8th December, 2001, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
Firstly clear the CMOS
Then to check the PSU, put the JCK1 jumper back to 100MHz to see if it will boot at 1050MHz (assuming that it is a 266MHz FSB part)
Reseat everything and try again.
In desperation and before returning to the reseller, power the board outside of the case on a book but by no means on an anti static bag (they are only antistatic on the inside and very static on the outside). Short across the power terminals on the board to trigger the power.

If still no go, it may be that you have been sold a faulty board (I will admit that they do exist cynics so don't get excited)

Keep your eyes on the LED like a hawk for any signs of life at all times.
Motherboard is on phone book. Cleared the CMOS . The 1.4 mhz bird is 266 fsb . I have tried both 100 fsb and 266 fsb . Still nothing more than FF on boot up. Thats all i can get.

Jen
Old 8th December, 2001, 09:30 PM
EPoX Tech

Please do return the mainboard to the reseller. The only other possibility is a dead CPU - but I beleive that you are using it in the machine that you are typing in here on.
Old 8th December, 2001, 10:18 PM
Banned

the processor is also untested. the machine i am useing has the 1333@1600 running in it. the problem pulling this machine apart is my cooling setup. which i cant do without takeing my whole computer apart

so its either two motherboards with same problem both are epox 8k7a or one processor that is dead. all these items were bought used so i have to find out what is the problem. in order to ask the people i bought from to take items back and refund my money on them

i am currently trying to find someone to send me a duron or something to test this out further

Jen
Old 9th December, 2001, 04:36 AM

Hi Jen,

Fancy meeting you here
I'm sorry to see your having problems. I too am having a problem with my 8k7a+, I posted the problem here and while a couple of guys tried to help, I just couldn't get it solved. The Epox Tech didn't even bother to reply to my thread, (Guess he didn't see it or just didn't know what to do), anyway, Igot to rma the POS, I'm waiting for them to send it back, then as soon as I get it, I'm selling it!
I've had it with epox

I hope you have better luck then I did

Regards,

Ray

Last edited by Rayzor; 9th December, 2001 at 04:39 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2001, 09:51 AM
EPoX Tech

Ah Rayzor,

The reason I didn't answer you is the same reason that I shouldn't really be answering you now.

I do remember the precise reason now - you included the text of an e-mail in the forum as a way to attack the company.

Furthermore, since you had already stated that you had been in touch with tech support, I felt it in this case unnecessary to replicate their work here.
Old 9th December, 2001, 04:25 PM
Banned

Hi Ray
Sorry to hear of your problems friend. My Epox 8k7a on my system is running like a champ. Since day one never had any problems with this one.
I have a 600mhz duron comeing from someone on pcabusers . So once I get that one here I will be better off on telling which is the problem. Either the 1.4 mhz bird is dead which i think it is or two motherboards are. I find it a bit strange to have two bad boards so that is why i am leaning towards the processor as being the problem

hugs to a dear friend

Jen
Old 9th December, 2001, 06:46 PM

(Hi Jen, excuse me a minute)

Quote:
Ah Rayzor, The reason I didn't answer you is the same reason that I shouldn't really be answering you now.

I do remember the precise reason now - you included the text of an e-mail in the forum as a way to attack the company.

Furthermore, since you had already stated that you had been in touch with tech support, I felt it in this case unnecessary to replicate their work here.
Ah! epox"Tech" I included that text out of frustration, after being totally ignored by you for a couple of days, but hey, no problem, I guess you just didn't have the knowledge to help me, but after that sorry response I finally got from epox support, what can I expect.

As far as
Quote:
I felt it in this case unnecessary to replicate their work here.
what about for the next poor sap that has the same problem? He wouldn't have to post a thread, just do a search and come up with possible solutions, but now you'll have to ignore some other poor bastard with the same problem

Like I said, I'm through with epox, and anything epox related.

SeeYA.

Last edited by Rayzor; 9th December, 2001 at 10:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2001, 10:46 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rayzor
(Hi Jen, excuse me a minute)

what about for the next poor sap that has the same problem? He wouldn't have to post a thread, just do a search and come up with possible solutions, but now you'll have to ignore some other poor bastard with the same problem

Like I said, I'm through with epox, and anything epox related.

SeeYA.
Hello Rayzor. I would like you to do two things.

First do some reading in this topic with an eye to answering these two questions.

"Are the people who come getting the help they need?"

"Are they glad to have the EPoX Tech here to further their knowledge and help them to get past the difficulties they encounter"

The Second thing I would like you to do is to reconsider your approach.

You act as though This Topic OWES you and explanation no matter how you phrase your question. This simply isn't so.

He is here as a Personal favor to me. He went to a great deal of difficulty to obtain permission to be here on my behalf. I and all who come here and receive his instruction are in his debt.

those of us who have taken the time to know him can tell you that when he doesn't know the answer to a question he will say so. THEN research the answer in his efforts to help AOA Readers. EPoX does not pay him for the time he spends here, nor do I. Graitude is his only reward. You seem to want him to work for free!!

What I'm trying to point out to you is that you obviously wished to punish someone for your difficulties. Why should the EPoX Tech or this Topic for that matter except such punishment?

Did,
"I'm in great difficulties could you please try and help me?"
occur to you as a possible approach? If you read this topic then you will know this approach has work wonders for a great many people seeking help.

My purpose here is not to berate you. But to try and help you understand why you did not receive the help you wanted and needed.

Easy enough to blame the board or Tech support. But did that work for you? Did that solve your problem?

How agreeable to such an approach would you be? Just think it over.

You need not return here. You need not keep your EPoX board. But if you do, please try and remember that the Tech didn't cause your problem, he is willing, if politely approached to try and help you solve it.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 20th December, 2001, 01:34 AM
Banned

This is sort of a update

Recieved my 600mhz duron and one Epox 8k7a board has booted up and the other hasnt. I get the FF on boot up then it goes through all the codes. The second one FF only no codes or beeps.

Jen
Old 20th December, 2001, 05:32 AM

Jen, I have a few spare 1.4 birds, one of which I've tested. So I know it's good. If you want to try again with a bird instead of a duron, let me know.
Old 20th December, 2001, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Wa11y
Jen, I have a few spare 1.4 birds, one of which I've tested. So I know it's good. If you want to try again with a bird instead of a duron, let me know.
thats very nice of you...........i may just do that.

Jen
Old 20th December, 2001, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen

thats very nice of you...........i may just do that.

Jen
PM me if'n you wanna.
Old 20th December, 2001, 08:39 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
This is sort of a update

Recieved my 600mhz duron and one Epox 8k7a board has booted up and the other hasnt. I get the FF on boot up then it goes through all the codes. The second one FF only no codes or beeps.

Jen
If the Duron is set to run with JCLK1 at 100MHz and the board is using the same PSU and memory as the good board in this diagnosis it would be fair to assume that the board is defective in some way.
Old 20th December, 2001, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

If the Duron is set to run with JCLK1 at 100MHz and the board is using the same PSU and memory as the good board in this diagnosis it would be fair to assume that the board is defective in some way.
I do agree on this. I still want to try one last time on that motherboard . I also have to check this 1.4mhz bird one last time since I do have a working motherboard to try it on

Jen
Old 20th December, 2001, 04:14 PM
EPoX Tech

Have a nice Christmas Jen , and I hope you have less hardware woes in the new year !
Old 20th December, 2001, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have a nice Christmas Jen , and I hope you have less hardware woes in the new year !

Xmas time for me is a sad part of the year. I do hope that yours is full of joy and happiness. Spent with loved ones and family

Jen
Old 20th December, 2001, 04:23 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen

Xmas time for me is a sad part of the year. I do hope that yours is full of joy and happiness. Spent with loved ones and family

Jen
I am sorry to hear that. May our thoughts be with you.
Old 20th December, 2001, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

I am sorry to hear that. May our thoughts be with you.

Thank youl . Its a life of sadness for me something I have come to know.

Jen