AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th December, 2001, 10:56 PM

Angry Performance Issues w/8KHA+

I am running Xp on my system w/and 1800+, Geforce 3 Ti 500, and 256 mb of DDR PC 2100 RAM. My 3dMark scores arent embarasing, however they arent nearly as fast as they should be. I am getting 7500 when i should be getting closer to 8000, and this is without overclocking. I am annoyed that my system isn't meeting its full potential. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 9th December, 2001, 11:26 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Re: Performance Issues w/8KHA+

Quote:
Originally posted by Krookednek
I am running Xp on my system w/and 1800+, Geforce 3 Ti 500, and 256 mb of DDR PC 2100 RAM. My 3dMark scores arent embarasing, however they arent nearly as fast as they should be. I am getting 7500 when i should be getting closer to 8000, and this is without overclocking. I am annoyed that my system isn't meeting its full potential. Anybody have any ideas?
Does it look good in games? Are you having any problems with jerkiness in games or such? If not, I'd say not to worry about the 3dMark score. Is how well that benchmark runs or how well your games run more important? Just my personal opinion.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th December, 2001, 11:26 PM
EPoX Tech

Hello Krookednek and welcome to the forums.

I've just spent a good while going through MadOnions data base online for scores and I think that the 7500 region for 8KHA+ with default settings and Ti500 default is about right. I don't think that your score is dissapointing by any measure for either KT266a or Ti500.

The only way to excel further than that really is to start looking at tweaking the memory timings and BIOS to gain more bandwidth or tweak the graphics settings without overclocking the card - these are the only ways bar overclocking to uprate your score.

If overclocking, FSB is a very good way to get more score, although your graphics card memory speed is absolutley paramount.

I would suggest changing memory timings to Turbo, CAS 2, 4 way interleave with no shadows in BIOS and an AGP aperture of half the size of your SDRAM but less than 128Mb. Also enable Fast writes.

Please do try the latest 23.11 drivers also - these make the process easier. These are available at NVidia's own site already.

Please then appreciate that half of the people who put benches on MadOnion do underate their cards memory timings to give the idea that their system performs better than it looks - they say its set at 250/500 when its really at 275/575 which gives a great performance boost indeed !!!
Old 10th December, 2001, 12:51 PM

I think alot of people have been having issues with the 23.11 if you are running winxp - just a warning. I'd stick an earlier one.
Old 10th December, 2001, 02:23 PM
Pixel Slave to Satan

I'll now second that Kaizer Soze after finding they don't perform as well under XP as under 2k - it seems like the 21.85's or 22.80's are the order of the day for XP.
Old 11th December, 2001, 12:13 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by wild_andy_c
I'll now second that Kaizer Soze after finding they don't perform as well under XP as under 2k - it seems like the 21.85's or 22.80's are the order of the day for XP.
That's weird. They run fine in XP for me. Maybe I'm just lucky

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!