AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th December, 2001, 10:43 PM

Help with 8K7A and Radeon 8500

I am looking for some input as I can not run 3dMarks 2001 w/o the system kicking me out. 2d is fine 3d is a train wreck.

This is the error I get in 2K..................**STOP: 0x00000050(0xE2BAEF7C, 0x00000000, 0xB3A70849, 0x00000001)
** Address B3A70849Base at B3A1E000, Date Stamp 3be6ffdf - ati3dzag.dll**

It appears to be a registry issue? as the file that dumps is a .dll extension. Odd thing is that when I did a RegClean (3x) it worked and ran and I posted 8230 3dMarks (2001). When I did a reboot and tried it again it dumped! Any help would help!

Other things I have tried.
- Verifying each dimm individually.
- Verifying 3 different sticks of DDR Ram individually in each dimm slot.
- Slowing the PIO of the HD down when raising the bus speed.
- Increasing the PCI latency.

I know this card will work at a higher FSB as a friend has the same card in his box which is clocked @162FSB (KT266A). Is there a compatibility issue with the AMD 761 NB? I am all ears for your ideas.
Old 12th December, 2001, 02:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to fireball_87

welcome to the fourms!

do you have the latest amd and ati drivers? win xp updates?
512mb crucial pc 2100 ddr
sound blaster audigy
120gb 7200 rpm WD hard drive
40x12x40 cd burner
16x dvd
450wpsu
alienware style green case (:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th December, 2001, 04:18 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Probably drivers giving you crap. What OS are you in? Try going to www.rage3d.com and getting the latest drivers for your OS.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th December, 2001, 04:38 AM

First thanks for the greetings to the forum. Yes I was using the 3286 driver for 2K and switched to the 3276. The beta driver is considerably faster but stability is key. I got the system stable @11.5 x 152FSB with the card @297/297. Will settle for this now until it has ran awhile without any hiccups. I also loaded the beta bios from here and I must say this is the most stable bios I've had yet. Epox Tech my hat is off to you! I know that I would have not gotten this high without it! Do you know if the bios enables the 1/5th PCI multplier? I booted in @166FSB but had some issues with the system being stable. I have a 1800 XP and had the multiplier at 10.5. Should I go lower to run at this speed?
Old 12th December, 2001, 04:59 AM
Systems Administrator

Not another 1/5 divider question

To make a long story short, Epox Tech isn't allowed to talk about it so it's best if the question isn't posed. Then the thread just turns into a big ugly mess. Anywho, the how is unimportant, just be glad your board runs so fast!

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 12th December, 2001, 08:30 AM
EPoX Tech

I can talk about it however there are too many misconceptions and it really is soon going to be irrelevant with the introduction of KT333 which will make an excellent overclocking platform for unlocked 266MHz FSB chips anyhow.

Onto the issue - mixing memory modules may be the cause of the issue here. DDR memory is very fickle at the best of times. I feel that you may acheive better FSB's even still with a single stick of memory or matched memory.
Old 12th December, 2001, 01:20 PM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
I can talk about it however there are too many misconceptions and it really is soon going to be irrelevant with the introduction of KT333 which will make an excellent overclocking platform for unlocked 266MHz FSB chips anyhow.
I stand corrected, you can talk about it

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 12th December, 2001, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback Epox Tech. Yes I am leaning in that direction as I removed the stick of Apacer DDR, dropped the multiplier to 10 and had it up and running stable at 166FSB. I think if I take another drop to 9.5 I could break the 170 barrier. Your bios rocks and again I extend my thanks to you. I know am left with the decision of which route to leave it at 152 or 166+FSB.