AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th December, 2001, 03:44 PM

Question 8KHA+ Beta Bios with Ram Divider?

I just ordered 4 8KHA+ boards to upgrade my Seti and Folding farm a bit. I remember reading somewhere that people suspected a new beta bios featured some sort of ram divider that was helping people get to high bus speeds. Can anybody tell me which one to download?
Old 18th December, 2001, 04:11 PM

Go here:http://www.aoafiles.com/ in the search type beta bios. This is the one you are looking for:
8khal00.bin - Dec. 01, 2001
8KHA+ BETA BIOS (good for 200MHz FSB) from EPoX Tech
Old 19th December, 2001, 12:15 AM

Thanks. Any idea if they might implement something similar for the 8K7A, or is the PLL et al too different?
Old 19th December, 2001, 08:15 AM
EPoX Tech

I don't see there being a development of the BIOS for 8K7A for such as the chipset and therefore mainboard is now on closeout (AMD stopped manufacturing the chipset and therefore we can't continue indefinatley to manufacture the board).

This BIOS was developed during the current concentration in KT266a development that we have undrgone - 8KHA+, 8KHM, 8KHAL, 8KHA2 etc.

Please remember that implementing this BIOS feature does increase FSB but also potentially slightens memory bandwidth since even at 200MHz host clock the memory only runs at 150MHz which ultimatley will give less performance than a straight out 175Mhz host and memory clock.

The strengths of this BIOS are for those who have memory that won't go that far that could benefit therefore from the increased CPU-Host Bridge frequency.
Old 19th December, 2001, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the ram speed. I was wondering what the divider would cut the ram down to. I've got ram that will go to 180, so that bios would be lowering my performance - unless there is a manual setting to enable/disable the divider...
Old 19th December, 2001, 04:13 PM
EPoX Tech

The divider is set quite simply by changing the memory speed to 100 or 133 within the BIOS whilst the host clock is set at 133 on the mainboard. Nothing could be easier !