AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th June, 2003, 03:54 AM

EPoX 8K9A2+ (beta testing)

Letter I sent to EPoX FAE (after a month of trying to fix the problem and reisntalling Windows and a new driver on their advice):

"I have been writing my local distributor regarding stability/bluescreen problems I have been having with my 8K9A2+ when using the RAID. The problem persists even if I dont enable raid but attach a hard drive to any of the RAID IDE's.

I have searched the web for others with similar problems and several but no solution was provided. I wanted to inquire whether the problem was specific to my motherboard, to a particular batch or board revision.

I have a small business with 14 computers and have used several motherboards over the years. Recently we have also been reselling EPoX motherboards (8K9A's/8RDA's and 8RDA3+'s).

I have to say this is the worst motherboard I have purchased. I was asked to reinstall Windows and use a driver (2.345), the readme of which does not mention my particular problem. The 2.345 improve the provblem (note it did nto fix it) for awhile... but in the end actually resulted in more problems.

Now I am being asked to try a beta bios. No assurance is made that it will solve the problem. I have had to reisntall Windows a third time in one month and am not in the mood to do further testing.

If the problem is particular to my board, a batch or board revision than I believe that the proper solution would be to RMA me a working motherboard.

If the problems affects the entire 8K9A2+ line the the solution should be replacement with a equivalent board. I would even be willing to go down to a 8K5A2+/3+ or 8KA3+ if that will work.

I use my PC for work and cannot afford to act like an EPoX beta tester. I am willing to install a new bios or new patch provided I am guaranteed that it will work.

Regards."

I dont know why I put up with this. There are consumer protection laws here and I am a lawyer... but I like the local distributor here and dont want ot get them into trouble.

I think I will just sell the thing.