AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st December, 2001, 09:28 AM

Unhappy Help 8KHA+ BIOS flash failed.....

I flashed my BIOS last night and the machine locked 1/4 of the way through and after ten mins I had to turn it off.

Do I need a new BIOS chip is there a way to recover ?

9242 3DMark2001 points
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December, 2001, 12:47 PM
EPoX Tech

You would in this instance need to purchase a BIOS chip replacement from your local branch office. Fill out the support forms at http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup...eateCase-1.asp and submit to the country within which you are residing stating your request.
Old 24th December, 2001, 03:04 AM

Can you tell me what eeprom is on your board? I've had a half dozen bios flashes fail on my 8K7A's under the same circumstances as you described. When I emailed tech support they told me it was a "known issue" and they sent me free replacement chips each time. Kinda sucks though because I can't try new bios's out - I can't flash the boards at all. I have one 8K7A that will flash properly, so I have to flash the chip in that board, take the it out and move it to one of my other boards.
Old 26th December, 2001, 10:20 AM
EPoX Tech

We have SST, EON, MX, Hyundai 2NT compat, Hynix 2NT compat, Winbond 2020C and 49VF020 in general with other chips being used as and when necessary.
Old 26th December, 2001, 03:39 PM

That's what happened to me time ago.

Anyway, there are chances to get it to life again ....

Read this for more information:
http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.p...threadid=79842

After I got my board back I'm afraid of flashing again ... ;-)
I have to say that I had many other boards before and there weren't any problems .... (I really like aflash)
Old 26th December, 2001, 04:00 PM
EPoX Tech

The post thread over at AMDMB's forums is a little leadless.

It would be my opinion that if you have unsuccesfully attempted to flash the BIOS for whatever reason, your best bet would be to get in touch with your branch office with expedience in order that you make arrangements with them based on their findings.
Old 26th December, 2001, 04:05 PM

Sure, but well, why not give it a try and use a boot disk and enter restore blindly ....

I by myself have to say THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT by EPOX, when sending my board to them and getting it back after a few days ....

By the way - do you know which version of the RD1 BIOS Saver will fit on the 8KHA+?
Old 26th December, 2001, 09:20 PM

I tried the floppy recovery method on my 8K7A's. All it does is tell me there's no floppy in the drive...
Old 27th December, 2001, 11:52 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys load fail safe defaults before flashing? I've never had any trouble doing it that way and it seem the sensible thing to do, as you have to reset everything afterwards anyway. You may need to set some things up after the fail safe, but at least your not trying to flash what could be a less than stable system.