AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st December, 2001, 05:37 PM

This over current/voltage protection thingy

Basically my board gets grotty with me at 2.06ish and above.

I've notice some quite varying reports, eg one persons board's happy at 2.1, another at 2.2 etc.

I was wondering if there are ways to improve on my 2.06, hopefully wind it up to 2.2V without getting those random reboots.

Would mosfet cooling help? Whats the state of the ovp mod - I've recently joined amdmb forums and there are mentions of some people doing a 5 resistor mod, but it not actually helping all that much.

Any info on this would be appreciated.
Old 21st December, 2001, 08:00 PM

You cna override the overvoltage protection on the 8KHA+ to get above 2v stable.

You have to add another four resistors to the voltage regulator.

I think macci (sorry if it was somebody else) posted a thread on here with some details.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd December, 2001, 12:57 PM

This Vmod thread can be found Here
Old 22nd December, 2001, 02:49 PM

Yikes, Macci that truely rules. Whilst I'm trying to get an extra 30 3dmarks to break the 9000 barrier there you are at over 11000, have a MASSIVE pat on the back for that, well done. I reckon I'll be at 11000 sometime next year, however I'm sure you'll be at 15000 or something like that (I bet you are dying for thos 0.13u XP chips to come out!)

And major thanks for that lowdown, it was really good of you to rather than just say put the resistors here etc, to actually explain it, I shall know what to look out for in future!

Hmm, one last thing, did you ground it against the chip (pin 17 is it?) or something else (fan header/mobo screw etc). I wonder as this seems to be a quite a sensitive feature that it should really be best grounded against the chip.

Cheers again,

KS
Old 22nd December, 2001, 03:03 PM

Oh and one last thing, and this goes to anyone wo has tried the mod - has this eliminated those random reboots totally for you?

(Noticed it hadn't completely for Nico on amdmb)