AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th August, 2003, 11:46 AM

8RDA+ and Ati Radeon 9000 how to use it together

I have bought 8RDA+. When I connect my Radeon 9000 there is nothing on the monitor screen (even without "no signal" sign). Ati Radeon has AGP x2(3,3V) x4(1,5V) and x8(0,8V) but 8RDA+ has AGP 1,5V only. Is there any way to make it work together?? (I couldn't find any option to force AGPx4 in bios)
PS. I saw some users on this forum with similar configuration thats why I'm asking for help.

Last edited by Kuba; 18th August, 2003 at 12:04 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2003, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba
I have bought 8RDA+. When I connect my Radeon 9000 there is nothing on the monitor screen (even without "no signal" sign). Ati Radeon has AGP x2(3,3V) x4(1,5V) and x8(0,8V) but 8RDA+ has AGP 1,5V only. Is there any way to make it work together?? (I couldn't find any option to force AGPx4 in bios)
PS. I saw some users on this forum with similar configuration thats why I'm asking for help.
If it has agpx8 or 4x it doesnt need to be forced...it should work at default settings.

Maybe its not the cards problem.

Does the motherboard work ok with another similar card ?

when you say you dont see anything is this after the bios screen ??

Is it before windows loads up ?

Tell us more about your hardware (ram,cpu, powersupply etc.) and tell us what exactly happens when you boot up .
2x256 PC400 DDR Kingston(11-2-2-2)(valueram)
Club3D Radeon 9700pro cooled by a GIANT2 by Thermaltake
HDD Maxtor 133 8mb cache
Case: highly modded YY cube
PSU: Levicom 420
Latest 3dmarks = 2K3 5313 and 2k1 16137
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2003, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKRAGE
If it has agpx8 or 4x it doesnt need to be forced...it should work at default settings.

Maybe its not the cards problem.

Does the motherboard work ok with another similar card ?

when you say you dont see anything is this after the bios screen ??

Is it before windows loads up ?

Tell us more about your hardware (ram,cpu, powersupply etc.) and tell us what exactly happens when you boot up .

When I pluged in Radeon there was nothing on the screen from the begining. Even bios screen didn't show up. PC is working correctly HDD is working but without anything on the screeen. After this I checked my Radeon on 2 other PC's but its the same (before that it was working). It has voltage on it, fan is working but it has no output signal. I didnt plug any similar card to 8RDA+ I was afraid it will do the same thing to other card. Now it works on Riva TNT2.

Athlon XP+ 2200 MHz BOX
Epox 8RDA+
256 PC400 DDR
Radeon 9000 (now it's Asus Riva TNT2 16Mb)
HDD Seagate 80 Gb
Case Primo Mercury
OS Win2k(sp3)
Old 18th August, 2003, 02:54 PM

I think we can assume that the radeon is dead.

How ??

Well if the first time you installed it you didnt fasten it correctly it may have been burned from the agp.

If the tnt works (agp) then your agp port is ok

Now you didnt tell me what power supply you have and that may also be the problem.

If its to small it cant support the radeon thus it cant boot up.

seeing the fan blowing doesnt mean that the system is working.

even on a half dead bios you can see the pc start up with fans drives ect. but all it does is try to initialise and stays like that.

i suggest you try a bigger power supply if its a 350 or smaller.
2x256 PC400 DDR Kingston(11-2-2-2)(valueram)
Club3D Radeon 9700pro cooled by a GIANT2 by Thermaltake
HDD Maxtor 133 8mb cache
Case: highly modded YY cube
PSU: Levicom 420
Latest 3dmarks = 2K3 5313 and 2k1 16137
Old 18th August, 2003, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKRAGE
I think we can assume that the radeon is dead.

How ??

Well if the first time you installed it you didnt fasten it correctly it may have been burned from the agp.

If the tnt works (agp) then your agp port is ok

Now you didnt tell me what power supply you have and that may also be the problem.

If its to small it cant support the radeon thus it cant boot up.

seeing the fan blowing doesnt mean that the system is working.

even on a half dead bios you can see the pc start up with fans drives ect. but all it does is try to initialise and stays like that.

i suggest you try a bigger power supply if its a 350 or smaller.
Thanks. I have already been in my friend's store and we checked mainboard with other radeon. It works. Mine is dead . So there is no problem with compatibility at all. Thanks for help and advise anyway.