AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th January, 2002, 11:21 PM

Epox Tech need help badly

hi,
im an owner of 3 epox boards. Love em all which is why i keep buying them. anyway my problem is with the 8kha+ and the AIW Radeon 8500dv. The firewire just won't work. I emailed epox support and i have a thread over at AMDMB.com about the problem.
The reason i am thinking it is a epox problem is that an article found by another member came across the same problem with the same motherboard.
i am actually hoping its an epox problem, cause the support has been great and i would rather rely on you guys than ATI.
well here is the thread in the AMDMB.com forum with the link for the article as well.
http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.p...threadid=88297

thanks again guys and i hope you can help

out
Old 5th January, 2002, 02:32 PM
EPoX Tech

Please clear up (without linking 3rd parties forums) the firewire device that is causing this issue.
Old 5th January, 2002, 08:08 PM

i have an ATI all in wonder radeon 8500dv in which the capture does not work. I tried multiple different things like drivers clean installs, etc.
first install (winxp clean) capture lasts 20-30 sec (major artifacting) then stops. At this point i can still control the camcorder but now i get no video (not until a restart). If i use my audigy firewire, everything works perfectly.
I then tryied disableing ACPI and assigning irq's but with the same result. I tried all the lastest drivers, ATI, Via etc..... no luck.
I then reinstalled now i get about 5 sec worth, still artifacting. That was with nothing installed but the radeon, No sound card no nic. I also used the ATI drivers on the cd and the Via drivers from XP.
I also tried lowering agp in bios, and all other AGP settings. no luck. There is one other guy having the same problem as me on .rage3d.com but he has a turtle beach s/c.
I also noticed a dip switch box on the card. 1 dip is set to on and one to off. i tried with the both in the on position still no good.

the article from extremetech.com states which is exactly the same problem im having:
"Here we hit another snag with our Via KT-266A-based Epox 8KHA+ testbed motherboard. We were able to have our Sony DVR-PC5 digital camcorder be recognized by Windows XP, and we could drive the camera's transport controls (play/pause/rewind/etc.), but we could not receive an incoming video or audio stream coming from the camera. Apparently ATI's Agere 1394 PHY/Link chip and the Epox motherboard's BIOS just couldn't get along. To verify that ATI's overlay driver wasn't broken, we installed a second FireWire card that uses TI's PHY/link chip, and it worked swimmingly. We did however have success doing digital captures on the upcoming HP Pavilion that will use the AIW DV."
i know you don't like third party articles, but in case you want to read it, the direct link is here:
http://www.extremetech.com/print_art...3D19635,00.asp

and again thanks for any assistance. if there is any info i am leaving out please ask, i would really like to get this fixed.

8KHA+ (U=) 11/30
XP1600+
256 Mushkin Hi-Perf 222
AIW Radeon 8500DV
Audigy Platinum
Neatgear 310tx
Asus 8x DVD
Yamaha 20x10x40 CDRW
Lian-Li PC60-USB
Antec 400w PP412X
Old 6th January, 2002, 09:00 PM
EPoX Tech

I can read the 3rd party articles now I'm using a modem rather than my mobile phone's IR connection on my PDA !!

This I will try to replicate in some way in the office when I get a chance tomorrow.
Old 8th January, 2002, 02:15 AM

any new news??

(more of a bump)
Old 8th January, 2002, 01:09 PM
EPoX Tech

No problem with Video capture from a TEAC vid-storm through a SB Audigy card's Firewire with this mainboard.
Old 8th January, 2002, 03:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to KAIN Send a message via MSN to KAIN

Quote:
Originally posted by pitt1717
If i use my audigy firewire, everything works perfectly.
EPoX Tech, I think he found the same result as you on that test.

I think he wanted to get it working through his Radeon though...
Old 8th January, 2002, 04:24 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by KAIN

EPoX Tech, I think he found the same result as you on that test.

I think he wanted to get it working through his Radeon though...
Radeon AIW is a piece of equipment we don't have here to test unfortunatley.
Old 9th January, 2002, 05:11 PM

is there any possibility of you getting this video card so it can be tested? this video card was a big investment and there is no reason why it shouldnt work together with the motherboard...hopefully its just a software issue...you would really make a whole bunch of people very happy if you could get this up and running...

thanks