AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th April, 2004, 09:49 PM

8RDA+ & USB2 problems

Hi....Came across this forum from the Epox site & you all seem like a knowledgable bunch so hopefully you can help.

I am unable to get my PC to pick up a UBS2 device. I borrowed a USB2 HD from work bought it home & plugged it in, but Windows picked it up as a USB1 device. I am 99.99% sure that I installed the Nforce drivers after SP1 as I am aware that can cause problems with USB 2 devices. I did a search on this forum some simliar problems & after looking in device manager I found a USB device not working properly under Other devices so I updated that driver & it updated it to "Standard Enchanced PCI to USB Host controller" & now lists it under USB controllers. There are six entries under USB controller, the Standard Enhanced..., 2 x Standard OpenHCD USB..... & 3 x USB root hub.

Now however when I plug in the USB2 HD it hangs Device manager & the drive isn't picked up in explorer. The date on all the controllers are 01/07/2001 except for the enhanced one that is dated 01/06/2002.

Has anyone got any ideas, would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Epox 8rda+ & WinXP SP1 (with all current updates)
Old 6th April, 2004, 03:25 AM

paul8811, First off, Welcome to the AOA forum. Have you been plugging this USB device directly into the USB sockets at the back of the motherboard? There are issues using USB 2.0 devices if you use a third party socket that is connected to the pinouts on the motherboard, especially if it is an unshielded cable with 8 loose connectors on the end. The other issue I've seen mentioned is a USB device that won't work correctly unless you use a powered hub, not enough voltage is supplied to run them.
Bob
THERMALRIGHT SLK900u 92mm Zalman fan, Enlight 420 watt, AIW 9000 Pro 64mb DDR agp4x, voltage mod 1.85v
Home made NB cooler
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th April, 2004, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbob2469
paul8811, First off, Welcome to the AOA forum. Have you been plugging this USB device directly into the USB sockets at the back of the motherboard? There are issues using USB 2.0 devices if you use a third party socket that is connected to the pinouts on the motherboard, especially if it is an unshielded cable with 8 loose connectors on the end. The other issue I've seen mentioned is a USB device that won't work correctly unless you use a powered hub, not enough voltage is supplied to run them.
Bob

Thanks for the reply....I have tried the device in both ftont & rear ports & the HD comes with an external power supply. As mentioned it just freezes now when I insert the cable