AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th January, 2002, 11:23 PM

Smile Found a 4SDA

One store on pricewatch finally posted the 4SDA. I called and they have them in stock so I picked one up. They don't have the + with raid, but that's ok. If anybody cares I'll post some observations when I get it next week.
Old 18th January, 2002, 11:50 PM
EPoX Tech

Yeah - the + RAID version with LED debug and other bits that appear to be missing from the standard board had its pilot run last week and is being produced next week - expect it therefore the week after next.
Old 19th January, 2002, 12:38 AM

So the standard board doesn't have debug in addition to lack of raid?
Old 22nd January, 2002, 10:35 PM
EPoX Tech

Quite - however this is done in order to offer an astounding price point for the end user with which to gain the ultimate P4 overclocking platform / performance.

Please do let us know how it goes.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 06:49 AM
EPoX Tech

Cole - It's just won (in it's + flavour) a Life Sentence Award at Tweakers Asylum - http://www.tweakersasylum.com/Review...P/00000012.htm
Old 23rd January, 2002, 06:12 PM

Well I just got the 4SDA running last night. I haven't pushed it hard yet - just letting everything burn in. It's up to 2.7GHz and I bumped the core voltage up to 1.6. It's able to post at 132X22 = 2904 but it wouldn't make it into windows and I decided not to push the voltage any higher just yet. I'm having a little trouble with the ram though. I've got 1 256MB stick of corsair pc2700 cas2. Any time I set the mem ratio to 3:5 or 4:5 (depending on fsb) the system won't post and gives me a long beep. I assume it's the ram. Odd since I haven't changed the ram timings from default - just tried to bump the speed up to the 166 range which should be well within spec for this stick of ram, particularly when the bios is still set to cas 2.5 and the stick is rated for cas2 at 166.

I also ordered the 4BDA and I'll see how that does with a 1.8GHz northwood. Here's a pic of the 4SDA during setup - nice layout.

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/files/mobo.jpg
Old 23rd January, 2002, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to ItHuNkPuNk

Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole
One store on pricewatch finally posted the 4SDA. I called and they have them in stock so I picked one up. They don't have the + with raid, but that's ok. If anybody cares I'll post some observations when I get it next week.
!! HOW COULD I MISS THIS!! an actual P4 Board on this site!

Be sure to post your folding results in my thread!!
Old 23rd January, 2002, 08:30 PM

Re: Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:
Originally posted by ItHuNkPuNk

!! HOW COULD I MISS THIS!! an actual P4 Board on this site!

Be sure to post your folding results in my thread!!
I put folding on hold - too many problems with it, but so far I'm very happy with the Seti results. It's way ahead of my former best crunching box - an XP 1500+ at 1800 on an 8K7A. I may try the latest 2.17 beta and see if they fixed the bugs yet. If I do I'll be sure to post how it fares with folding.
Old 23rd January, 2002, 08:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:
It's way ahead of my former best crunching box - an XP 1500+ at 1800 on an 8K7A.
Wait this is a P4 we're talking about right?

Seti must be different than Folding??
Old 24th January, 2002, 01:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:

Wait this is a P4 we're talking about right?

Seti must be different than Folding??
Yes this is a P4 2.2 on an Epox 4SDA. And yes Seti@Home is not the same as Folding@Home - two different DC projects.
Old 24th January, 2002, 09:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:
Yes this is a P4 2.2 on an Epox 4SDA. And yes Seti@Home is not the same as Folding@Home - two different DC projects.
DC? I was wondering if its a different type of processing.. like how XPs fold better than P4s (not trying to be biased.. I have a p4 myself)
Old 25th January, 2002, 06:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a 4SDA

Quote:

DC? I was wondering if its a different type of processing.. like how XPs fold better than P4s (not trying to be biased.. I have a p4 myself)
DC = distributed computing project. I really have no idea what the differences are at a computational level, but both are extremely cpu intensive programs. Seti has always run very well on Intel platforms even though they claim there is no optimization. Pentiums just seem to be better at Seti than folding.