AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th July, 2004, 06:38 PM

8KDA Power Bios feature: "System Peformance"

Hello there, I'm new here! *oh wait, that rimes!* lol
Anyway, got my 8KDA3+ last week, and so far I love it. I'm running my NewCastle 3200+ at 250x10 with my gigabyte of OCZ PC3500 EB ram synced 1:1 3-3-2-8, so that's all good. The board and memory is certainly capable of more, but I need some better cooling for the cpu before I go further ahead.
Now on to the question, there's a feature in the power bios on this board called "system peformance", which can be set to "normal", or "fastest". I clocked everything down to 200fsb again, and tried with it at normal and fastest. At "fastest" i gained roughly 200 points in 3dmark 01 or so, still same mem/cpu scores in sandra though. But with this feature at "fastest", I cannot run 250x10 stable anymore, it crashes to desktop when I run benchmarks and similar. So basically I'm just wondering what this feature is, and what it exactly does? It kinda looks like the cpu interface feature, which is on abit nf7 boards, for example - though I'm sure that feature also increased memory bandwidth scores in sandra as well as 3dmark scores.
So.... what is it?

Last edited by disco_bazoon; 27th July, 2004 at 07:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th July, 2004, 01:49 AM

Hell if I know but Man I sure would like to, on my gigabyte K8npro it had something like that which would increase the clock speed aprox 10Mhz no clock change on this board though? What does it do, indeed the question ?
Old 28th July, 2004, 01:57 AM

heh, enabling that feature caused lockups on my old computer when it was running at stock. I believe it tweaks memory timings and latency of some things, but im not sure, would be interested in what exactly it does
Old 28th July, 2004, 02:14 PM

Hmm.. indeed. Some one here ought to know what it exactly is, and does.
ET, where are you? lol
Old 28th July, 2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3no
heh, enabling that feature caused lockups on my old computer when it was running at stock. I believe it tweaks memory timings and latency of some things, but im not sure, would be interested in what exactly it does
I could never get my 8K3A's to run at anything other than "Normal", regardless of memory or CPU. I don't believe the 8RDA+ even has this setting, if so, then I haven't fiddled with it at all
Old 28th July, 2004, 08:37 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

To the best of my understanding it's more a compatibility setting. Normal put less demand upon parts performing dead on as they communicate with one another. In short it tweaks system timings.

The 8RDA+ has this timing and I've used both settings to good effect as I've run various CPU and RAM combos through it.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!