AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th July, 2004, 08:14 PM

Question Zalman 7000A-AlCu on a Epox EP-8RDA3

Hello to you all,

I am new to this forum finaly a epox related forum!

Excuse my poor English.

I have a nForce2 Socket A Epox EP-8RDA3 mainboard. I want to make my pc dead silent. I want to get the Zalman 7000A- ALCU CPU- Cooler. But the space around the socket on this mainboard is limited.

Is this cooler compatible with the Epox mainboard?

Many thanks,

Blackknight.
Old 28th July, 2004, 08:26 PM

Have a look at this http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cool...MBlist_eng.htm
Old 28th July, 2004, 09:55 PM

Zalman are quiet but not the best performers and I am speaking from personal experience. I'd get a thermalright SP-97. You will have to move the Northbridge fan, but it offers fantastic performance even with a 'quiet' 92mm fan. This will be just as quiet as any Zalman, but will offer more cooling performance.
1GB OCZ 4000 Gold Rev2
Antec true control 550w
2x 80gb sata Hitachi 7k250 Raid 0 (94mb/s sis Sandra on Nvidia Raid)
1x ide 160gb Hitachi 7k250
6800GT 431/1100
LG 8x dvd rw (-+&RAM)

Watercooling:
L30 + L20
DD RBX CPU
DD NV68 GPU
DD Maze 4 chipset
WACC P/A res
Thermochill 120.2
1/2 ID
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th July, 2004, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the info. The Zalman compatible mainboard list says i have to cut off the clips.

I think that de cooler won't fit. my current 80 mm cpu-cooler almost touch the PSU.

O my system specs are:
XP-M 2500+ OC 2102mhz 1.45 Vcore
1024 MB Corsair
Radeon 9800 pro VGA-Silencer.
Old 29th July, 2004, 01:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to noname

I have a epox 8rda3 with that cooler Zalman 7000A Cu
yes it fit but you need tu cut off a litlle piece o metal in the cooler "bracket"´

sorry for my english too
Attached Thumbnails
Zalman 7000A-AlCu on a Epox EP-8RDA3-coolermaster-002.jpg  
Old 29th July, 2004, 06:09 AM
EPoX Tech

I'll put comment to the air and throw caution to the wind sort of here and state that "they make a very mediocre product and have the best marketing on the planet".

But if you are satsified with your Zalman I won't gripe, it's only my personal view. I've had a lot of technical (electrical) issues with their products over the last say 4 years - they bought variable speed fans into the market at a time when low speed fans caused havoc on mainboards as it meant that the mainboard would sense a failed fan and couldn't boot. This is at a time when we hadn't invented shutdown alogorithms or on-die throttling or AMD temp probes on die existed.

I do have to confess to having a sneaky eye of envy for the Resorator though!
Old 29th July, 2004, 01:08 PM

I have to make a correction i have the Epox RDA3I (read I)

Noname thanks to your window case i say that there is a differens with the Epox rda3 and rda3I. The socket on the I version is located higher.

I think i just have to order the Zalman 7000 and see if it fits.

Thanks for the reply guys.
Old 29th July, 2004, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
I'll put comment to the air and throw caution to the wind sort of here and state that "they make a very mediocre product and have the best marketing on the planet".
heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
I do have to confess to having a sneaky eye of envy for the Resorator though!
Really? It is very pretty, but for half that price, I'm sure I could find an automobile radiator and a nice MCP600 Which somewhat mitigates the "pretty" factor
Old 29th July, 2004, 08:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to noname

I everibody

blackknight i´m pretty sure it fit; the problem wont be the clearance betwen the zallman and the PSU- but the piece of metal who holds down the cooler -it touch in one side one of the "condensers"(is that the name?) who are near the cpu socket

i will tray to send a pic of what i mean

ET

thanks for your opinion /warning about Zallman
Well... you are the technician and I`m the ocasional buyer- so experience is in your side.

but so far I had no complaints- i have it for 1 month and still everything works well
before I had a Tt Volcano 7+( great cooler but too noisy) and a TT Volcano 11 Xaser Edit. with a Smartcase Fan II- great coolling too ( even on overclock) but the same with noise.
Now the Zallman 7000A/ cu the temps are a bit lower but with less noise
And I love the engenering of the cooler- specialy the cooper fins and how they make that - lots of thecnology!

And the Resorator is great too; I´m thinking in the future to swap to WC and that is one of my options- but I think the Resorator may sufer an upgrade soon in terms of performance (another pump?) and the price drops a bit - well I hope so...

Anyway thanks for the tips
Attached Thumbnails
Zalman 7000A-AlCu on a Epox EP-8RDA3-ep-8rda3i-large.jpg