AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th July, 2004, 06:28 AM
EPoX Tech

BETA - Do you wish to flash you 8KDA3* ?

New BETA
Attached Files
File Type: zip kda34728.zip (300.5 KB, 150 views)
Old 30th July, 2004, 07:16 AM

whats up with this new bios?? any fixes?
Old 30th July, 2004, 07:31 AM

epoxtech for a setting like ni your sig with that FSB what would be the setting for the memory? 133 or 200?
Old 30th July, 2004, 08:42 AM
EPoX Tech

Hiya there,

Firstly, the BIOS is BETA, so no fix list until verification of ECN.
... and secondly, the mem clock is set for 166 max on spec.
Old 30th July, 2004, 03:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to YoupY

Hmm this bios is acting very strange...

I looks like Epox partialy fixed the vcore bug. First time I booted and changed some settings in the bios I did get the right voltages form 1.520 - 1.552 idle / 1.584 load.

Then I set the bios to my last used tweaking settings and the Vcore bug appeard again .

Last time I got a spontanious reboot my voltages suddenly were back to normal (without the vcore bug drop), causing the OVP to kick in

I also experienced some random reboots in windows and hangs during post. Bioscode 29. Also I couln't hit my last pifast settings of 291 x 10 sync. Mem seems to clock not quite als well as with the 7-16 or 5-14 biosses. When I get to 289 my system hangs, while I could go higher on other biosses with the same voltages and A64 tweaker settings.

Also the a64 tweaker devider of 183 didn't work for me anymore, setting it to that value caused a freeze. while with the 7-16 bios I could set this devider, but cpu-z didn't recognize it so I'm not exactly worked then, but with the 7-16 I could at least set it.

Also tried changing the multi with clockgen, but I still get a system freeze. And the pci still goes up when I set the HTT to 200 and I'm using clockgen to tweak.

So I'm not very happy with the work epox did...

Does anyone have other experiences with this bios??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2004, 05:15 PM
EPoX Tech

Hiya YoupY, Welcome to our home!

Please do hold with the fact that this is BETA BIOS and may not see the light of day as a release.
Old 30th July, 2004, 07:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to YoupY

I know it's a beta and isn't perfect, but IMHO the previous beta's were better then this one, no offence

I also have one other comment on the bios in general. I find it pretty strange I have go give in the multi by typing it, and for HTT I have to scroll all the way down to 280 (running that 24/7 x 10 sync). Maybe it would by an option to make HTT input the same als the multi input.

Dunno if you can make that happen, but hey, can allways ask :P

Exactly what is the difference between 5-14 and the rest of the biosses. 5-14 seems to be the only one without the vcore bug in it...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2004, 10:19 PM

I ain't having any problems with 07/16 so I'll wait for a bit longer to try something new... maybe next week.

I love this board.
Attached Thumbnails
BETA - Do you wish to flash you 8KDA3* ?-clipboard02.jpg  

DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra-D | AMD X2 4200 @ 2.6GHz | 1gb OCZ pc3200 rev2 TCC5 | ATI X800XT Platinum Edition| 2x120G WD | Plextor 712a | Antec SLK3700AMB| 520w OCZ PowerStream | Zalman 7000Cu

My Heatware 100% Positive