AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th July, 2004, 12:59 PM

Raid question, cant find it :(

Hi guys
I have just bought a new system with a 3400+ 2400mhz and a 8kda3+ board
my problem is when i want to run my 2 raptors on the nforce3 it wont find it. in my manual its saying i should press F10 when the Nvidia Raid utility comes up, but it dont Now im using the sil3114 instead and it works. but i have heard that the nforce3 is faster. what am i doing wrong ? the raptors should be connected on the sata 1-2 right ? Should i enable ide raid in the bios ?

Hope you can help me
Regards
Ollie
Old 30th July, 2004, 02:48 PM

bump*
Old 30th July, 2004, 03:04 PM

idk epox boards but raptors aren't IDE they are SATA so on my board i had to enable the controller in the bios to get it to see the drives. I have the via controller and the promise controller. Make sure you have the right one turned on in the bios so it can read it correctly.
Asetek Waterchill Antartica
2x512 OCZ Platinum LL pc3200 @2.6v
2xSeagate 80 gig SATA raid-0
ATI 9800pro (460/800)
SB live 5.1 (old)
Pioneer 16x DL+DVD burner
Dell M992 19"crt 1600x1200 .24dp

Soon to be added

ATI x800XT-PE

Server
P4 1.6
Dell 4550
80gig IDE
512mb DDR PC-2100
Windows Server 2003 EE
[url=http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=45]
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th July, 2004, 03:09 PM

yes they are sata my optinal sil raid works as it should but i want the onboard
Old 30th July, 2004, 08:25 PM

Any 1 ?
Old 30th July, 2004, 09:46 PM

Been there done that

You have to make sure the nv sata controller is enabled.

Make sure the power is good. ( oversimplifying here)

other than that is sounds like you are doing things correctly.
Old 1st August, 2004, 05:49 PM

i have tried everything, it will not work when i set it up in the nvidia raid bios and get to windows where u choose if u want to install, it doesent se my hd`s as 1, there is 2 and thats not right when you use stripping. I think i have to RMA it, sucks tho only had it for 3 days
btw it even includes my samsung cdrw in the raid ???? hm
Old 1st August, 2004, 09:54 PM

go into bios and look for.
Integrated peripherals > Ide function setup. and set the bios after the pic.
I have 2 raptor in raid 0 on the NF sata controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Raid question, cant find it :(-bios.jpg  
Old 1st August, 2004, 10:13 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Ok, I'm a little unclear here as to what you are seeing, and as I'm not familiar with this board, I hope you'll bear with me:

1) The manual seems to indicate that you have to enable the IDE RAID controller before you can get access to the SATA NVRAID stuff. Have you done this, or did you just enable the SIL RAID controller?

2) Once you have the NVRAID enabled, you should be presented with a configuration screen at some point during the POST cycle. If the system thinks for some reason that there is already a RAID configured, then you may not get the configuration screen until you press a key to get into the RAID configuration menu, so you will need to watch the text on your screen during POST carefully.

3) Once in the RAID configuration utility, you will need to build your RAID 0 using the two Raptors that you have installed. You may also include drives on your IDE channel as well, if you wish, although this may limit your performance some.

4) Once you have done all of these things, you can proceed with your installations of Windows. HOWEVER, you will need a driver floppy with the NVRAID drivers on it, and you will have to use the F6 option when you first run Setup so that you can later install the NVRAID drivers.

Have you already done all of these things?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st August, 2004, 10:58 PM

yes everything is fine untill comp reboots after it have loaded the start files, in there i get a error saying no os found or please install your os disc and restart the comp. I do exactly the same thing like when im creating the sil raid and that 1 works perfect. it got to do with not seeing the raptors as 1 hd, the sil raid does. And also my cdrw wants to be in the raid how now that is possible ?
Old 1st August, 2004, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finetobe
go into bios and look for.
Integrated peripherals > Ide function setup. and set the bios after the pic.
I have 2 raptor in raid 0 on the NF sata controller.
Ok thx i will try it but i think i have it like that allready
Old 1st August, 2004, 11:18 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

The CDROM shows up in the configuration because it is attached to your IDE connector. Since the IDE and SATA drives can all be part of a RAID, that is why it is showing up in your list of drives, I would guess.

Unfortunately, since I have never worked with your board, I'm at the limit of my usefulness.
Old 1st August, 2004, 11:53 PM

the cdrw that you can see is because they are enabled (see pic in #8).
when you have set the bios up.save and reboot hit F10 and set your raid up.