AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th October, 2004, 05:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Garrett

Thumbs up 8RDA+ 1.1 13xMP and higher possible through wiremod?

If I use a wiremod (in the socket) to obtain 13x multiplier on my mobile Barton, it will use 13x as the default multiplier if I understand correctly?

http://home.planet.nl/~dikke332/13xmp.png

But if that works, will I also be able to use lower and/or higher multipliers or will it be locked then?

I'm asking this because the board doesn't seem to have the 5bit FID or whatever it's called

I have a mobile here that'll do 2830 mhz @ 2v on "another board" and since this board can give 2.2v I'd really like to have big fun with my waterchiller 3ghz maybe?

I used the guide from this site: http://www.ocinside.de/go_d.html?/ht..._pinmod_d.html
Old 10th October, 2004, 09:23 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

From my understanding, the wire mod just forces the 5th bit high. This is the bit that the board can't set on it's own. By doing so, you force the system to use only multipliers above 12.5x. Effectively, the lowest multiplier becomes 13x, even if it displays 5x.
Old 10th October, 2004, 10:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Garrett

Aha... yeah well that's no big issue, the cpu does 2600mhz easily, only needs 1.75v for that
so that would make 13x200, I can run PiFast 1 or 2 times @ 240 fsb and that's it, and 233 3dmark, above that I can't publish 3dmark scores because of the horrific "detected cpu speed variation error", so @ 13x mp, the chiller and LOTS of volts I hope to reach ~ 3Ghz, 13x231 = 3003
Old 10th October, 2004, 10:10 PM

It's been said before that Bartons don't like voltage. By going from 1.85V to 2.0V with a reservoir full of ice, I go from 2500mhz to 2560mhz.

1.95V without ice is a happy medium, at 2550 mhz, but not during the summer.

2500mhz is stable with an SLK-900 and Panaflo M1A... all that work for 50mhz?

"Noise" isn't even applicable with either setup