AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th November, 2004, 04:02 PM

Cool 8RDA+ (v2,2) and Corsair XMS3500 - still a "C1" problem?

Hi everybody!

After exchanging my first v2.2, my second 8RDA+ v2.2 still gives me a "hard" "C1" with XMS3500 - no retryes.

Boots OK with other types / marks of memory.

Are there still an issue with XMS3500 & 8RDA+, or is it the memory thats up for RMA?

One of the the many posts i found on this: http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...hlight=8RDA%2B

Only MB, memory and differrent types of PSU and AGP/PCI videocards - nothing else.

/SWIN
Old 16th November, 2004, 02:49 PM

You get the best answers, talking to your self

Yes, the 8RDA+ v2.2 with the latest bios, and CMX 3500 still, at this time and age, don´t talk to each other

Got mine running, manually (of corse), at 166 MHz 2,5-3-3-7

/SWIN
Old 16th November, 2004, 05:38 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Glad you were able to get the help you needed. Sorry nobody responded to your post, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th November, 2004, 08:07 PM

No problems, gizmo!

It´s an hobby, and somthing more interesting than the old IBM pentium thin clients at work.

Really odd memory - think there are a special bios 8RDA+ / CMX3500 somwhere.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp CMX3500_SPD.bmp (613.2 KB, 331 views)
Old 17th November, 2004, 01:17 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Good to see that the autodetect on the RAM thinks it can't handle higher speeds than 95MHz. Wonder if re-writing the SPD would help fix that?
Old 17th November, 2004, 10:59 AM

Hi Áedán!

Great idea!

Any hints about a program that can accomplish this?

A quick search only found programs for PC66/100/133 class memory.

/SWIN
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cmx512-1500c2.pdf (185.6 KB, 219 views)
Old 17th November, 2004, 12:54 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

That's a better question. The EEPROM onboard sits on the SMBus interface, like many of the temperature monitoring devices. SMBus is a varient of I2C, so it might be possible to find an I2C app that could reprogram the memory out of the system. It was actually just a thought rather than a definitive statement!