AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:20 PM
EPoX Tech

Making real use of USDM 3's P80P temperature readout - a mod....

As only the EP-4PDA2 series mainboards offer instant connectivity to the Easybay to get the functionality of P80P diagnostics on the front of the chassis, myself and my assistant Craig have devised a mod that will enable you with the use of USDM 3 to have your temperature displayed on your P80P on the front of the chassis using an Easybay.

You can purchase an Easybay and carry out the modification outside of warranty, or if you are a UK customer, we will carry out the work under warranty and supply Easybay at the same time if you so wish for a nominal charge.

First we have to identify the place where the P80P sits on the back side of the PCB and identify pin 1 which is square (see 1st image).

Secondly we have to cut the P80P end connector wires from the 9 pin block and solder the wires to the back of the PCB in accordance with the colour chart (see 2nd image)

We will then have the final modified result (3rd image) which then in operation appears as per the 4th image.

This modification will work with all EPoX mainboards that have a single piece twin 7 segment display (won't work with older boards where two seperate 7 segment displays are incorporated onto the PCB).
Attached Thumbnails
Making real use of USDM 3's P80P temperature readout - a mod....-1.jpg   Making real use of USDM 3's P80P temperature readout - a mod....-2.jpg   Making real use of USDM 3's P80P temperature readout - a mod....-3.jpg   Making real use of USDM 3's P80P temperature readout - a mod....-4.jpg  

Last edited by EPoX Tech; 22nd November, 2004 at 06:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:37 PM

I guess this mod will invalidate the warranty? 2 questions, 1st about my 9nda3+ will this work on this board? and secondly the P80P display used to stay at FF once booted into windows it shows FF booting into windows now it changes between mid 40's to 50 once in?? Any ideas about this?
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:38 PM

Also would be great if easy bay came in black?
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:39 PM
EPoX Tech

If you are using USDM 3, by default it will show your CPU temperature, hence the "goodness" of this mod.

If you make the mod, you void the warranty, if we make it, it doesn't. This would be excellent for 9NDA3+ as it would make use of the Easybay completely.
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
If you are using USDM 3, by default it will show your CPU temperature, hence the "goodness" of this mod.

If you make the mod, you void the warranty, if we make it, it doesn't. This would be excellent for 9NDA3+ as it would make use of the Easybay completely.
Ah maybe I am using v 3 and then I guess that would explain the fluctuating temps if thats whats been shown
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:41 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
Also would be great if easy bay came in black?
You can get paint specifically for ABS for "blacking"
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:43 PM

I cant seem to find much info about the easybay, but was mem cards does it support?
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:48 PM
EPoX Tech

You're not reading the txt or looking at my pretty pictures this afternoon brad!
Old 22nd November, 2004, 05:50 PM

Quote:
You're not reading the txt or looking at my pretty pictures this afternoon brad!
hey its monday! anyway the reason I ask is I can see MS but I need memory stick pro, is this inc? ah yes and whats the nominal charge?
Old 22nd November, 2004, 06:09 PM
EPoX Tech

Good question - I think MS and MS Pro can read the same, but internaly different
Old 22nd November, 2004, 06:40 PM

Im not sure as I had a usb card reader that woould not read my ms pro?
Old 22nd November, 2004, 06:56 PM
EPoX Tech

The chipset for the card reader can be seen at http://www.alcormicro.com/product_au9360%20version.htm

As it supports MSDuo I think it may be okay.
Old 22nd November, 2004, 06:58 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Great work and an even better offer ET!! Thanks! Will be front page in a few!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd November, 2004, 07:00 PM
EPoX Tech

Cheers Daniel!
Old 22nd November, 2004, 07:11 PM

Any word on USDM reporting a lower vcore reading (-0.02v) than other monitoring software? link 9NDA3 and USDM voltage reading

Nice work on that mod, btw
Old 22nd November, 2004, 07:20 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

It's up, but for some reason I can't get the hyper-link to work, have put better minds than my own to the task! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 22nd November, 2004, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The chipset for the card reader can be seen at http://www.alcormicro.com/product_au9360%20version.htm

As it supports MSDuo I think it may be okay.
Thanks, ive sent them a mail to confirm? or I could always send my MS Pro to you to check
Old 22nd November, 2004, 07:29 PM
EPoX Tech

Could be a nice mod for you anyways!
Old 22nd November, 2004, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Could be a nice mod for you anyways!
true!, although I might let your talented hands do the job
Old 22nd November, 2004, 09:08 PM
EPoX Tech

Drop me a mail - I'm working out what my BOM costs and carriage are at present - just awaiting some responses - but I think I'll be able to get this out to folks for a modest sum.