AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th February, 2002, 01:31 PM

Unhappy Urgent Help

How do i contact Epox UK??
I have tried their online form and its quite honestly crap, even if i fill in every field most are un-nessecare but it still says you have not filled them all in!
I need a phone number or normal e-mail address URGENTLY please
Old 26th February, 2002, 05:33 PM
EPoX Tech

Hundreds of people have succesfully used this form. I believe that your query has been answered.

Just in case the e-mail did not reach you -

Information with regard to memory type support can be found on page 3-7 of the manual.
Old 28th February, 2002, 09:38 AM

Ok, just fitted my RAM, get long but not continous bleeps and code C6 on the led thing...whats that mean???

If its the RAM not working then someones gonna cop it, Epox promised it'd work...and it obviously doesn't

I AM FURIOUS!

I dont have money to throw around and this has really put me up the creak with out a paddle!
Old 28th February, 2002, 04:21 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

calm down, getting mad at people wont sort it out.

can u give us the whole story please? someone here may be able to shed some more light on the subject.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th February, 2002, 04:51 PM

I E-mailed EPox about using ECC registered ram in my mobo, they replied saying that it was fine and wouldn't cause any probs.

I bought 2x 256mb of ECC registered Crucial ram with heatspreaders and ram sinks, fitted them this morning and the comp fails to boot, all i get is long beeps and the lcd reads C6, so i shut down, put my standard stick in and boot into bios, check the settings and replace it with the ECC, same problem.

Basically i obught the ram cos they said it would work and now it doesn't, if you work out the cost of that little lot in the UK you will understand why i am a little more than bloody furious especially as i'm a struggling uni student and this machine is specifically for my animations and CAD.
Old 28th February, 2002, 05:03 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

what motherboard are you using?

and im in the UK so fully aware of costs.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st March, 2002, 12:25 AM

EP-4SDA+, What really gets my goat is they were quick to say itll work but now theres a problem i have o responce form them
Old 1st March, 2002, 01:13 AM

I could be wrong here, but is your Crucial buffered? In your manual it states the board supports un-buffered ecc ram not buffered.
Old 1st March, 2002, 09:35 AM

The point being that i SPECIFICALLY asked them about the EXACT ram i was getting and they said it would work, thyere ****ing idiots, and still no reply form my e-mail!
Old 1st March, 2002, 10:24 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I doubt there is a single person in this forums who hasn't been through this in one form or another with one part or another, we feel your pain. The lesson to be learned here is the anger and impatience will resolve nothing. Sorry but that's the truth.

Manufactuers are staffed by people and people make mistakes. However regreatable this is, this to is the truth. They are no more perfect than we our selves are.

I truly hope you find a suitable resolution/solution to your situation. Call Crucial, they have been know in the past to show cooperation when mistakes are made, they might be able to help you out. Good luck!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 1st March, 2002, 10:52 AM

I cant take the ram back! And TBH i think EPoX should refund me the money, they said it would work and it doesn't, thye screwed up and they should at least admit their errors! But when it comes down to it their error has cost me hunderds of pounds and wasted time, niether of which i can afford!

An apology would be a good start! and some form of compensation would be an even better one!

As for being angry.....what do you honestly expect, someone stuffs up and i cop the bill, thats hardly fair now is it
Old 1st March, 2002, 11:00 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Of course you have cause to be angry, we all did and probably were when it happened to us. but the fact remains that it just doesnt do any good to be so and one can only try to get past it ASAP.

You can try to work something out with EPoX but I cant really hold out any hope. Because EPoX is bad? No. Because Manufacturers simply arent set up that way. Maybe they should be but they aren't.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 1st March, 2002, 11:10 AM

I think everyone can learn from this, ALWAYS double check things you are told

also you never know but the RAM itself may be faulty, unlikely on two sticks, but if you know anyone that has a board that supports the RAM go and check it out.

could be worse, at least you have a spare stick that you know works!

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Old 1st March, 2002, 11:18 AM

I'd love to get over it, but being a poor student that kinda cash is hard to come by!

My machine will now sit un-useable because of this cockup....that makes uni work very difficault!!!
Old 1st March, 2002, 11:48 AM
AOA Staff

so lemme get this straight, you modded the DIMM so you cant exchange it for the right one,,,,,, so cant you sell /trade it for the one you need, I mean as long as it works RAM is RAM baby, someone somewhere needs a stick for a server......BTW what was the motavation to buy registered ECC DIMMs in the first place?
Old 3rd March, 2002, 08:44 PM

Still no word from EPox!!!
Old 3rd March, 2002, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slime101
I'd love to get over it, but being a poor student that kinda cash is hard to come by!

My machine will now sit un-useable because of this cockup....that makes uni work very difficault!!!
I think your best bet will be to sell the ram on a shops forum.

theoverclockingstore.co.uk has a pretty active for sale forum, you should get back most of what you paid and you will be able to buy some ram that works.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.