AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th March, 2002, 08:15 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

I think Epox should shoulder some of the blame. First off, let me state that I love this board. It's stable as hell and hasn't given me any trouble at all from day one. The thing is, even though Epox does not state that the board is AGP 2.0 compatible, the inclusion of the 4X multiplier can lead one to believe that it is compatible. Yes there is always the argument of "read the manual," but come on, how many of us really do that from cover to cover to check all the bases. How many of us read the manual and afterwards said, "oh wait, this board is NOT AGP 2.0 compatible. Future vid cards that follow AGP 2.0 may not be compatible with my board." Epox was fully aware of the AGP standard and for whatever reason, decided to only implement certain aspects of it, namely the 4X multiplier. It is misleading.

The petition thing is kind of lame though.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th March, 2002, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky
I think Epox should shoulder some of the blame. First off, let me state that I love this board. It's stable as hell and hasn't given me any trouble at all from day one. The thing is, even though Epox does not state that the board is AGP 2.0 compatible, the inclusion of the 4X multiplier can lead one to believe that it is compatible. Yes there is always the argument of "read the manual," but come on, how many of us really do that from cover to cover to check all the bases. How many of us read the manual and afterwards said, "oh wait, this board is NOT AGP 2.0 compatible. Future vid cards that follow AGP 2.0 may not be compatible with my board." Epox was fully aware of the AGP standard and for whatever reason, decided to only implement certain aspects of it, namely the 4X multiplier. It is misleading.

The petition thing is kind of lame though.
I agree.

In a perfect world the 8kha+ would be AGP2.0 compatable.....but im sure epox had there reasons for putting components where they did.

What does supprise me is that visiontech didnt check that there card fitted the 8kha+.
That must indicate that they have done NO testing compatability at all with the 8kha+, unless they had a pre production board for testing.

As the MSI card will fit I dont think there is any reason to get particually upset.

Can those people who HAVE allrady bought a incompatable geforce4 tell us who they got it from and if they have offered to swap the card for another.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!