AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th March, 2002, 01:27 AM

It [VT ti4600] fits perfectly!!

Just got my visiontek ti4600 in and I'm happy to report it fits perfectly with my 8kha+!! There's about 1 or 2 mm clearance between the capacitors and if you push the card up slightly when you screw it in you can increase the clearance even more without stressing the card. I got 10992 3d mark points with everything at default! This card is amazingly fast!! I did have a problem with instability when i ran q2 timedemo but i think that's because I need to do a reinstall of xp since it was already flakey before i got the card. My board is revision 2.0 if that helps and it shipped with the 1/8/02 bios i believe. I used detonator 27.70 drivers, going to go to class right now but I'll be running some more benchmarks/tweaks after i get home tonight

-A very happy
5150 Joker

Last edited by 5150Joker; 8th March, 2002 at 06:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th March, 2002, 03:46 AM

Nice one.

Can you please look at the pictures on [H] and tell us if your board or graphics card is diferent to theres.

And if so How ?

A picture would be even better if possible.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th March, 2002, 05:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Mine will be here Wednesday. I hope I have the same luck. there is no way I am removing the capacitor like suggested. I have another mainbaord if need be. It seems to be a really nice board, OCs quite well, though it lacks vdimm adjustments. I can raise the fsb to 249MHz in BIOS (yeah, right) and adjust vcore. With some Samsung pc2700, I am hoping to get a nice OC without needing a lot of juice for the RAM.

AK77-Pro(A)-133
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 8th March, 2002, 06:35 AM

Smile

Well I don't have a digital camera but I'll see if I can get a quickcam or something like that at the store tomorrow and take some snaps with that. They probably won't be the best quality but it's better than nothing. Now i'm off to format my system and begin my night-long tweaking session
Old 8th March, 2002, 11:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to edmoncu Send a message via Yahoo to edmoncu

That's good!

So, that means that not all GF4Ti's do not fit on 8KHA+... I hope this trend goes on. :-)
My rig: AthlonXP 2100+ TbredB(1.73Ghz AIUHB) | Epox EP-8RDA3+ Rev1.0 (3630 BIOS) | Globalwin CAK4-88T HSF | 2x512mb Kingston ValueRAM PC2700 DDR / TG chips| Inno3d GF4Ti4200 TV/DVI 128mb | Maxtor 40g 6L040J2 HDD | Toshiba SD-M1612 (regionfree X004) | Liteon LTR-32123s @ 40125s (XSU1) | Leadtek Winfast TV2000 TV/FM Tuner | Logitech MouseWheel Optical USB/PS2 | Mitsubishi Diamond Scan 17HX monitor | Web Excel 56000 external serial modem
Old 8th March, 2002, 12:46 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Re: That's good!

Quote:
Originally posted by edmoncu
So, that means that not all GF4Ti's do not fit on 8KHA+... I hope this trend goes on. :-)
It means that even the one that supposedly doesn't fit at all does fit in some people's boards. Apparently it must a very minute problem, like a few mm.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 8th March, 2002, 02:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Burner27

I got my VisionTEK GF4 Ti 4600 on Sunday and mine fits perfectly as well.
Adaptec 29160 SCSI card
1 x 18.2GB Quantum Atlas 10KII U160
1 x 80GB Maxtor
1 x 80GB Western Digital
SB Audigy...Intel Pro 10/100 NIC
Old 8th March, 2002, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Burner27
I got my VisionTEK GF4 Ti 4600 on Sunday and mine fits perfectly as well.
Great.

Hopefully this is just allot of fuss about nothing.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 8th March, 2002, 02:44 PM

perhaps it was just a bad batch that was shipped to a vocal minority. I'll have to check my 8KHA+ and see if it'll fit or not. I plan to get one before too long.
Old 9th March, 2002, 02:31 AM

WooHoo!!! Got my Ti4600 today and it fit's just fine. My first bench with 3DMark2001se yielded 10,082 with the 27.50 Dets. I am going to try the 27.70's and see what I get and post some benches. I heard the 27.70's are the best.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 9th March, 2002, 07:02 AM

Glad to report that the 27.70's do give a little boost in performance and I managed 10,259 3DMark2001se points without OCing and 12,191 with a bit of OCing and some tweaks. The board is working flawlessly and games look beautiful.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 9th March, 2002, 12:44 PM

Congrats Spqqy! What tweaks did you use to get a 12k score? I bought some thermaltake heat spreaders today, going to get some glue tomorrow and slap those suckers on the ram and see how far i can o/c. Goal is to hit 13k 3dmarks
Old 9th March, 2002, 04:58 PM

I use RivaTuner to OC and tweak the drivers. I go into power user tab and set LODBIAS to 15. I can then adjust the LOD seperate for each game test. I run each game test seperately so that I can adjust OCing and LOD. This also gives the card a little time between each test to cool down because after the first test, I restore default clocks, wait a bit and then up the core and memory again. It takes a while to complete the whole benchmark, but the results show. I also use a seperate HDD for benching only, with minimal software.

In RivaTuner, set the LOD for the games like this:

Car Chase +10
Dragothic +12
Lobby +4
Nature +3.1

I usually keep the LOD at the 3.1 to run the theoretical test and do not OC my card as much, after all, it's the games that give you the points, but some people complain saying you need to run the entire benchmark to prove stability. If they only knew that you don't need to run the tests consecutively at the same OC. I won't tell them as it keeps the n00bs from learning too fast. It took me a long time to get all the tweaks and tricks and OCing techniques down.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 14th March, 2002, 01:15 PM

Unfortunately I'm not so lucky...
The Leadtek ones are incompatible it seems
http://uk.msnusers.com/geforce4/shoe...hoto&PhotoID=2
---------------------------
Old 14th March, 2002, 01:33 PM

Peeps--

Get the revision B vistiontek ti4600 card, that's the one I now have and it has very low profile capacitors so there is absolutely no conflict with the 8kha+, guaranteed. I'm quite happy with my board so far. Also, that leadtek board seems overdone and probably not very effecient. The fan filters probably kill most of the effectiveness of those small fans and that heatsink seems more like eyecandy than anything else. I can reach 740 mhz memory speed with just normal cooling so I don't think all that stuff is neccessary.
Old 17th March, 2002, 12:03 AM

5150Joker can you do us a favour and measure the capacitors on your board and report back here? The ones I have on my 8KHA+ board are 19mm in height so im interested as to see if you have the same large capacitors as me and several others or the smaller capacitors that epox seem to have introduced later on?
Old 17th March, 2002, 12:22 AM

Sure I can measure it later tonight I guess. Just to let you know I have no conflict with my ti4600 at all because it's a newer revised board. It doesn't have those two big capacitors like the older ti4600 cards do, although the original ti4600 DID fit in my 8kha+ just fine.
Old 17th March, 2002, 12:30 AM

thats cool... The only thing is I dont know any stores selling the visiontek card in the UK so thats not an option for me right now... I guess if I've waited several months for a decent card to come along before I upgrade from my GF2MX then I may aswell have the patience to wait a little more to see what other manufacturers will do about this problem!
Old 17th March, 2002, 02:05 AM

Visiontek now sells their cards in Europe so I bet if you looked around you could find a dealer there. If possible you should try to locate one since the revised cards are guaranteed to have no problems with the 8kha+ as far as fitting in the agp slot. There is a list by epox suggesting other manufacturers whose capacitors have no conflict with the 8kha+ as well so you can give them a try if visiontek isn't feasible. I'll get back to you with the measurements later tonight, I'm tweaking my system atm in an attempt to break the 12k 3dmark barrier
Old 17th March, 2002, 12:58 PM

cool... Ive seen the list that Epox recommends and the one i wanted to buy is on it [the Leadtek WINFAST Ti4600 A250 Ultra TD] but i have seen pictures of those cards not fitting either.

Heres the list... http://www.epox.com/html/english/sup...p?Article=1585

It still seems as though several people are having the problem even WITH cards that are on the recommendation list so thats why im asking everyone with an 8kha+ and gf4 to measure thier capacitors to give me an idea if its worth risking!

The other thing is that UK online stores are few and far between and the few that i have found selling GF4 cards are not stocking the visiontek... A couple of days searching has yielded no luck as of yet!