AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th April, 2002, 11:35 AM

Epox tech, question for you!!

I have an Elsa Gladiac 920 at the moment, I've read that some people are having problems with high AGP on this board, do you know if this is the Mhz side of things or its a problem with AGP. As in would a new divider fix the problem.

Also are you allowed to state what Epox's intentions are. To me it seems obvious that they are intending to add a 1/6 divider, maybe even a 1/7. I can't inmagine they would add 255MHz fsb as an option without planning on giving new dividers. I wanted to know because if not then I will have to voltage mod my gf3.

does anyone have any info on the 2415 bios yet. Is it faster, have AGP fixes or extra dividers?
Old 30th April, 2002, 11:45 AM

Also a kind of off subject question. Epox tech dude, what is your official job. I only ask as I'm quite interested in getting into the computer manufacturing side of the industry(well its an idea anyway) and was woondering what kind of qualifications you need, and what kind of jobs are avialble within this area??? Any help on this subject would be really great.
Old 30th April, 2002, 12:28 PM
EPoX Tech

Hiya there.

Good qualifications to have are :-

At least an HND in electronics
MCSE in Windows 2000 server
A+ certification

These make for good qualifications since what people in hardware companies (and particularly mainboard manufacturers) do encompass all of these and much much more.

It's not an easy industry to get into, and is very demanding with a quick paced change of product all of the time. It is however a dream job for some.
Old 30th April, 2002, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EPoX Tech
Hiya there.

Good qualifications to have are :-

At least an HND in electronics
MCSE in Windows 2000 server
A+ certification

These make for good qualifications since what people in hardware companies (and particularly mainboard manufacturers) do encompass all of these and much much more.

It's not an easy industry to get into, and is very demanding with a quick paced change of product all of the time. It is however a dream job for some.
Hmmm... the inside scoop

It would be for me, but I couldn't JUST do hardware 24/7, I have other interests (music, for example),,, right now I'm 9-5 and the rest of my week and allmy weekends belong to Pinky... I kinda like that, even if work isn't great at least I get paid to post this
Old 30th April, 2002, 07:46 PM

Epox Tech, any ideas on my first question???

If they are planning on doing extra dividers, do you know when we can expect them(a month, 6months, 1 year)???