AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th October, 2001, 04:10 PM

Dual AMD

I heard somewhere that a few 'mainstream' mainboard makers (like ASUS, EPoX, Iwill, etc) were going to make some dual athlon (or at least dual AMD) boards...

Would It be too much to hope for quad???

Anyone have any news on this, or could post a link?
Old 24th October, 2001, 07:46 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

the 760MP chipset can only support dual CPU's if you want moe, wait for the 64 bit Hammer CPU's.... sledge hammer is designed to be used in pairs, groups of 4, all the way up to 16 per board i heard!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th October, 2001, 09:02 PM
EPoX Tech

Re: Dual AMD

Quote:
Originally posted by Vryce
I heard somewhere that a few 'mainstream' mainboard makers (like ASUS, EPoX, Iwill, etc) were going to make some dual athlon (or at least dual AMD) boards...

Would It be too much to hope for quad???

Anyone have any news on this, or could post a link?
Let's just wait for dual athlon boards in quantity firstly and then worry about the other products thereafter

It will be an exciting time soon, as it is at the moment, but one stop at a time is fine.
Old 24th October, 2001, 09:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

AFAIK none of the MoBo firms you mentioned have made any statements promising such products. These firms are usually pretty tight lipped on un-announced products. I do certainly hope EPoX makes an SMP SocketA board, if they were to build one on 760MP chipset, as other firms have chosen to do, it would probably be a fine product. I mean look at EPoX's 8K7A line of motherboards, all very respectable in the eyes of knowledgeable overclockers. One can hope anyway.

I'm hoping these board come down quite a bit from the Tyan Tiger K7 in price once other firms break Tyan's monopoly on such products. I bet Tyan could sell that Tiger K7 for $160 and still turn a good profit on it.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th October, 2001, 09:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Here's a hard one for anyone with knoledge about such things. Is it the 760MP chipset, or just the Tyan motherboards, that require the use of ECC memory. I'd be nice if one could use non-buffered memory on the 760MP chipset and take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 24th October, 2001, 09:53 PM
EPoX Tech

Think about servers and think ECC unfortunatley. If AMD does intend to aim it at a lower market in the future perhaps a re-stepping or re-setting and re-badging may bring this delight to us all.