AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th October, 2001, 02:40 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
What I ment was that I deleted the Windows Update Manager. Thanks for the URL . . .
So like, does that help you at all?

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2001, 02:55 AM

you can down load the service pack and install it from your server if you totally stripped down w2k but I believe you can still just download and exe the service patch cuz taht is what I did.
Old 26th October, 2001, 02:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142

So like, does that help you at all?
Not really, guess I'll copy all the ****znit for Windows Update off anther one of my boxes.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2001, 02:58 AM

link to download
Old 26th October, 2001, 02:58 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by el_
you can down load the service pack and install it from your server if you totally stripped down w2k but I believe you can still just download and exe the service patch cuz taht is what I did.
Yeah, I always thought it was just a self-extracting zip with installer. I've never used 2000 so I wouldn't know.

You may want to check this link out. Not sure if it will help but it's a shot:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000...2/download.asp

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 26th October, 2001, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by el_
link to download
Go bless you el_ , such a helpful guy, you have no Idea how much trouble you saved me!

AOA Team fah
Old 26th October, 2001, 03:36 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by el_
link to download
Exactly same time, me and you, el_. Doh, I should've just made it simple rather than wrote all that and then I could've won (j/k btw)

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 26th October, 2001, 06:04 AM

Downloaded and Installed SP2. Upon my restart I got the ingenious idea to take a stab at 169MHz(the 1MHz increment stuff is a bunch of BS when you have a magical key that restores the previous settings). Had to restore my HDA from a ghost image when it went to shiznit at start up. Man I hate it when that happens, oh well

Lost all 100MB of SP2 Network Install

Funny part was that Majic Health(got to love having your own Health Monitoring Genie in a bottle) reported my VIO as only 3.21V at start up with a 169MHz, lol

Overclocking is such fun, God I love that rush that hits you when you think you have hit the next big step, I even like it when that rush comes to an abrupt halt and you realize you ****ed up your NTFS again. Nothing else like it in the world.

AOA Team fah
Old 26th October, 2001, 06:11 AM

BTW- I'm going to live with 133x9(1200) until my new PSU gets here and I get my Vcore and VIO hacks done. F@H seems to like the core speed, not worth the trade off for FSB with it.

AOA Team fah
Old 28th October, 2001, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
Downloaded and Installed SP2. Upon my restart I got the ingenious idea to take a stab at 169MHz(the 1MHz increment stuff is a bunch of BS when you have a magical key that restores the previous settings). Had to restore my HDA from a ghost image when it went to shiznit at start up. Man I hate it when that happens, oh well

Lost all 100MB of SP2 Network Install

Funny part was that Majic Health(got to love having your own Health Monitoring Genie in a bottle) reported my VIO as only 3.21V at start up with a 169MHz, lol

Overclocking is such fun, God I love that rush that hits you when you think you have hit the next big step, I even like it when that rush comes to an abrupt halt and you realize you ****ed up your NTFS again. Nothing else like it in the world.
\

LMAO

I just spent 1hour fixing my server because I did something that hosed all teh items on the desktop so I feel your pain.
Old 30th October, 2001, 02:32 PM
EPoX Tech

I'm sorry guys to have to do this but I've just stabilised 172MHz in 3D Mark2001 - here is the WCPUID
Attached Thumbnails
166FSB! Who's yo daddy!-cpuid172.gif  
Old 30th October, 2001, 02:35 PM
EPoX Tech

And the memory bandwidth on 8K7A at 172
Attached Thumbnails
166FSB! Who's yo daddy!-8k7a_mem172.gif  
Old 30th October, 2001, 05:47 PM

Nice clock EPoX Tech! I don't know if I'll be able to match/beat that one, but I will try later . . . . I've posted at 174 before, and made it to windows at 170, but I'm not sure I can get anything like yours with any stability, maybe with some extra northbridge cooling . . . .

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 30th October, 2001 at 05:49 PM.
Old 30th October, 2001, 06:16 PM
EPoX Tech

You will see my Sandra scores for 174Mhz in my other thread entitled "A new level"