AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th October, 2001, 10:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

paul, is your voltage stable, or does it jump around some? when i connect the resistor to ground, i.e. enable the vmod, the higher voltage jumps around a lot. i've spoken to other peeps and this also happens to them. maybe my psu is a bit weak...

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th October, 2001, 10:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by proze
paul, is your voltage stable, or does it jump around some? when i connect the resistor to ground, i.e. enable the vmod, the higher voltage jumps around a lot. i've spoken to other peeps and this also happens to them. maybe my psu is a bit weak...
Could maybe be the fact that the inductor coils and filtering capacitors wern't hand picked for the higher voltages. But I suppose that would be more likely to alter the ripple than make the Vcore bouncy . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th October, 2001, 03:09 PM

At the moment my Vcore is stable at 2.03Volts. Now it fluctates between 2.03 volts and 2volts. I haven't tried it any higher yet.
My XP1800+ is arriving tomorrow so I'm getting excited. Any of you find a good way to unlock these new processors yet, easy reliable way.
Gf4 Ti4600
Audigy Platnium
Old 29th October, 2001, 03:41 PM
EPoX Tech

I have found that IF anyone is contemplating the VMod - they should not use pots or switches - just a straight grounding with a through resistor.

In the case of the unlocking - no problem. Mask and fill the trenches with crazy glue, scrape level with a razor blade and then mask and paint with conductive paint.

I get every multiplier except 9.5.
Old 29th October, 2001, 10:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul.K
At the moment my Vcore is stable at 2.03Volts. Now it fluctates between 2.03 volts and 2volts.
Mine bounces that much with no Vcore hack in place . . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah