AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > EPoX MotherBoards

EPoX MotherBoards EPoX Intel and AMD Motherboards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th October, 2001, 11:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angry Send a message via Yahoo to Angry

8KHA boot post

I just saw over at overclockers.com that a few people have the instance of post with the motherboard not showing the cpu speed everytime. It was said it was or maybe part of the quick boot process. I was wondering can set an option in the BIOS to have it ALWAYS displayed? I would like to have it displayed to make sure that when I overclock that everything is set right.
It will be paired with a spanking new 1.4ghz t-bird or my old 1ghz tbird depending on if i get the 1.4 to work in the KT7E that im also getting...(what? I can try cant I? that what overclocking is all about.)
Radeon 7200
DVD Machine for TV:
Athlon Slot A Classic 550@605mhz
Soyo-K7VIA KX133
Asus v3400TNT vivo
Coming Soon:
LAN Rig.....Building Plans.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2001, 11:47 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

I get that on my 8kta2 when I do a software restart, aka I don't turn it off. Not sure why, but it works fine.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Angry Send a message via Yahoo to Angry

well I mean can u set it to where it will ALways display it?
Radeon 7200
DVD Machine for TV:
Athlon Slot A Classic 550@605mhz
Soyo-K7VIA KX133
Asus v3400TNT vivo
Coming Soon:
LAN Rig.....Building Plans.
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:05 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Angry
well I mean can u set it to where it will ALways display it?
I doubt it. I have seen no options for it. I have to think it's some limitation of the BIOS that it can't get the info all the time.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142
I get that on my 8kta2 when I do a software restart, aka I don't turn it off. Not sure why, but it works fine.
That is normal, every motherboard I have owned that reports the CPU speed worked that way . . . .

Only time the CPU speed is displayed is if you cold boot it, or if you change a BIOS setting and restart.

If we are going to ask for extra settings in the 8KHA(+) BIOSes, why not ask for something cool, like selection of all the Vcore voltages from 1.4V to 1.85V instead of this stupid +/- stuff. Or why not all the FSBs available by the clock generator, hellow 233MHz FSB on an 8KHA+ If only I was a |337 BIOS /-/4X0r, then I could just do it myself . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:39 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
That is normal, every motherboard I have owned that reports the CPU speed worked that way . . . .

Only time the CPU speed is displayed is if you cold boot it, or if you change a BIOS setting and restart.

If we are going to ask for extra settings in the 8KHA(+) BIOSes, why not ask for something cool, like selection of all the Vcore voltages from 1.4V to 1.85V instead of this stupid +/- stuff. Or why not all the FSBs available by the clock generator, hellow 233MHz FSB on an 8KHA+ If only I was a |337 BIOS /-/4X0r, then I could just do it myself . . .
Yeah, whatever.

But 233Mhz would be nice. PC3300 memory anyone

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?