AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   EPoX Tech - Beta BIOS Question (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14907)

CYoung1235 18th February, 2003 04:28 PM

EPoX Tech - Beta BIOS Question

I want to start this thread off by thanking you for providing support via this forum and via the U.S. Amdmbd forum. It is really appreciated!

I spawned this thread as an offshoot of the EP-8K5a3+ BETA BIOS that was issued by you. Would you care to comment on why this particular BETA BIOS and the German EPoX BETA BIOS all appear to flash properly, and are flashed following instructions by either the ALT-F2 or DOS Boot disk methods, and yet fail to work?

It is disturbing to see this happen. I realize that you mean well and are providing these BIOS-es as a service; BUT, it really would be better if EPoX released updated BI-OSes that have been tested on a more frequent occurrence. I came to EPoX from **** motherboards, so I am used to getting good BIOS support. I think the KG7 motherboard had close to 12 BIOS updates during it's lifespan (until now). Is there some reason that EPoX cannot follow suit a bit more closely? Especially for BIOS-es that have other support such as Highpoint RAID cards. Highpoint is already at least 2 revs beyond what is available from EPoX for the HPT374, for example.

As for me, I will not be trying any future BETA level BIOS-es without having a spare PLCC and a BIOS Savior on hand.

Again, thank you for your help! I do not intend for this post to be taken as a flame; rather, it is a cry for help in providing up to date BIOS-es for motherboards that are not perhaps the latest or greatest.

EPoX Tech 18th February, 2003 05:47 PM

I think that the BIOS reffered are BETA - as such we can only support for official releases.

CYoung1235 18th February, 2003 05:57 PM

EPoX Tech - Thanks for the response. Yes, I understand that the Beta BIOS-es are unsupported. I accept that. So, how about some up-to-date official releases, specifically for the 8K5sa3+? :)

LBJGH 18th February, 2003 08:50 PM

or 8k5a2+ with bus disconnect. ;)

Stang_Man 21st February, 2003 07:56 AM

and a BIOS that will not become corrupt after clearing CMOS...

eeke:(

ral 25th June, 2003 04:03 AM

Post EDIT:
Please read the announcement at the start of the EPOx Topic
I came to EPoX after having used ****, ***, **** and *** board (we have several PC's we use for business)...

RAID resutls in istability on my 8K9A2+ they send me a driver that is not on their site... it still doesn to work... they send me a beta bios... this board was released in 2002 and still I need to test stuff... with no guaranty that it will work.

Solution is simple. Sell the thing.

YviE 25th June, 2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYoung1235

I spawned this thread as an offshoot of the EP-8K5a3+ BETA BIOS that was issued by you. Would you care to comment on why this particular BETA BIOS and the German EPoX BETA BIOS all appear to flash properly, and are flashed following instructions by either the ALT-F2 or DOS Boot disk methods, and yet fail to work?

Are you talking about the BIOS they once posted in the forum? If so, i've used it for quite a while (4 or 5 months).
Then I had this problem where you had to take out the vid card in order to boot etc etc.

I also would like to see a new official bios for my 8K5A3+ with Barton support, new Raid bios, etc.

Can we have one, please? :D