AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   EPoX MotherBoards (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   EpoX EP-9NPA Ultra vs EP-9NPA+ Ultra ? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34547)

Kallikaa 19th December, 2005 07:50 PM

EpoX EP-9NPA Ultra vs EP-9NPA+ Ultra ?

I got an offer to buy the EP-9NPA Ultra cheep and I went looking for reviews and everything seemed dandy but then I realized that they were all reviewing the EP-9NPA+ Ultra.

So my questing is: Is there any substantial differences between the EP-9NPA and the EP-9NPA+ Ultra besides the FireWire/IEEE 1394A on the EP-9NPA+ Ultra and any reason not to buy the EP-9NPA?

yogurt_21 20th December, 2005 02:00 AM

i thought they were the same board.

Exile69 20th December, 2005 02:13 AM

They're the same board.

Kallikaa 20th December, 2005 07:50 AM

Thanks guys so it's the same board just lacking the VIA VT 6307 chip and the IEEE 1394 headers.

I started to believe it was a first version/discontinued board or some such.

wild_andy_c 30th December, 2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kallikaa
Thanks guys so it's the same board just lacking the VIA VT 6307 chip and the IEEE 1394 headers.

I started to believe it was a first version/discontinued board or some such.

9NPA Ultra may actually be sold to you labelled as 9NPA Ultra using what is 9NPA3 Ultra PCB - try to avoid it and get 9NPA+ Ultra or 9NPAJ to get the best PCB's.

sasrob 31st December, 2005 01:23 AM

just to let people know that the 7800gtx is not easy to fit in the 9npa ultra as the ide1 slot gets in the way but you can still use the ide2 slot just make sure you get a sata hard drive. like me

serlv 27th January, 2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild_andy_c
9NPA Ultra may actually be sold to you labelled as 9NPA Ultra using what is 9NPA3 Ultra PCB - try to avoid it and get 9NPA+ Ultra or 9NPAJ to get the best PCB's.

Still considering getting an Epox NF4 board.

I have no need for SLI, nor Firewire ports. I don't use way highend VC's...
What I do want is the most overclocking friendly setup, in terms of voltage available, mem settings, and ability to run high "FSB". I'd like to be able to use the board with TCCD based RAM, but also, perhaps dabble with BH-5 based RAM also.

Not clear on what exact board would be best, the 9NPA+ Ultra, the J model, etc.
I get confused. I see talk about go with this or that, due to the better PCB rev. Etc., etc.

Can somebody point me to the right board.

I have a volt-modded 9NDA+, coupled with a 3500+ Clawhammer and BH-5. That setup absolutely smokes and I'm happy as a clam with it. I'm looking to duplicate a similar happy experience, but with an NF4 Epox.

I'm looking for a board to go with an Opty 165 chip, and will be using TCCD and looking to run at 300(+) as I only have a multiplier max of 9 to work with.

What specific Epox NF4 board is best for the OCer who wants the most performance, w as many options ( settings, voltages, etc.) as possible.

Thanks,
Scott