AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > General Hardware Discussion

General Hardware Discussion Hard drives, CD, DVD Monitors, All hardware questions not better served by our other Topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th March, 2006, 02:54 AM

Pressing F6 for SATA driver Update

Hi guy, i have a windows XPSP2 machine here and i also theres a Q-tech Sata PCI card on ibe if the slots. Now i can access the SATA cards utility and in Dos prompt .

I also i install the Sata application in the OS. thats completed.

Now i but in my windows setup disk, then i goto where it says press any key for loading from disk. I press F6 and it then goes into the windows setup. Then when it comes to the point that it states press F6 for installing sata drivers , i then press it but notthing happens ? its like the key stop responding on me but iif i press F2 then it works?????

Im trying to install some sata drivers here for a PCI card but i cant get any further than pressing F6.

any ideas would be nice
Abit IN9 32X-MAX WiFi nForce 680i
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 2.4ghz
CellShock 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz
2 x BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB GDDR3 SLi
Western Digital Raptor X 150GB
Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS
Tagan 1.1kw Turbojet Quad SLi
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
Saitek X-52 Pro edition
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2006, 04:25 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

It doesn't happen just right then... you'll have to wait a little bit, THEN it will ask for the floppy disk.
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2006, 08:17 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeirl
Hi guy, i have a windows XPSP2 machine here and i also theres a Q-tech Sata PCI card on ibe if the slots. Now i can access the SATA cards utility and in Dos prompt .

I also i install the Sata application in the OS. thats completed.

Now i but in my windows setup disk, then i goto where it says press any key for loading from disk. I press F6 and it then goes into the windows setup. Then when it comes to the point that it states press F6 for installing sata drivers , i then press it but notthing happens ? its like the key stop responding on me but iif i press F2 then it works?????

Im trying to install some sata drivers here for a PCI card but i cant get any further than pressing F6.

any ideas would be nice
Some KB including some new Microsoft KB you have to press some key to activate the normal function for F6 otherwise it'll have another function !!!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 11th March, 2006, 06:34 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Oh no! Spare me from any new MS keyboard.
Old 11th March, 2006, 10:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

You should get to a point after you press F6 tha tit will ask you to e press S to select the proper driver from the floppy. Follow the directions after that,.