AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd November, 2001, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to wyrlwyn

Voodoo5s and Windows xp

i have a voodoo5 5500 agp and am looking into upgradign to windows xp(i have windows98se). i have read that windows xp supports the voodoo5, but doesn't give drivers on the intallation cd.
could i use windows 2000 drivers, since its based of windows 2000 code?
also, since 3dfx is out of business and they don't support users anymore, were else would i be able to get voodoo5 drivers that support windows xp?

my system:
athlon 1 gig @ 1gig...
asus a7v133 no audio
micron 256MB PC133 sdram
maxtor 20 gig hard drive
western digital 40 gig hard drive
voodoo5 5500 AGP
game theater xp
curently running windows 98 second editon
Old 2nd November, 2001, 10:16 PM
Banned

In general, but first stating that I have never installed a voodoo card in XP, the windows 2000 drivers work fine for most devices. There will always be exceptions, I'm sure... check with Microsoft's site to be sure (they have a list of tested/compatible devices).
Old 3rd November, 2001, 03:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to wyrlwyn

well, the voodoo5 5500 is a registered windows xp certified device on the wcl website, but it is also only listed as compatable(2 stars). the devices that are garentied to work have 5 stars. but, it says to get certified drivers from the manufactuerer, but thats impossible, because 3dfx is out of business(as you know), so, no certified windows xp drivers...
i was wondering if anyone has heard of voodoo5s working with windows xp?