AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th December, 2001, 09:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

Help with Radeon 32MB DDR

Hey, just curious if anybody familiar with the Radeon 32MB DDR and Tribes 2 can help me out. I am trying to get optimum quality and performance from my Radeon in the game Tribes 2 and I was wondering if anybody can help me with the Radeon settings. Fro example should I use anti-aliasing and if so what setting? As well as all of the other settings, what do you guys think would be the optimum settings for my Radeon without loss of very much performance--preferrably none at all, lol. Thanks!!
Old 7th December, 2001, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

well, the best way to go is to test it out. fsaa will make it look better, but I'm not sure what sort of performance hit it'll take for that perticular game.yeah, I know that wasn't a whole lotta help.
Old 8th December, 2001, 08:19 AM

If you use radeon tweaker you could use the preset for tribes 2. Im not sure how good it is, but its probably a good starting place.
Old 8th December, 2001, 06:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

I'm never using Radeon Tweaker, again. It'sgreat to install, but when you wanna uninstall it to see how well the most recent drivers work or to see how the beta drivers work, it won't uninstall completely, ever. I'm sure there's some registry keys that I coulda deleted to make my video work after Iuninstalled Radeon Tweaker, but I upgraded to WinXP, anyways and since I never do an upgrade, I always like to have a fresh start with an OS, the registry and anything to do with Radeon Tweaker was deleted. Does anybody have any suggestions that are worth-while? Oh, yeah....this is for MrPCMan, I have been playin with it and sometimes when I turn certain things on, things that should give me a boost in resolution regardless of the performance hit, it makes the video look like crap....I have been playin with it for a while, but Tribes 2 has some settings of it's own that have to do with video, so Iwanted to find a good combination between the windows Display Properties settings and the Tribes 2 settings. Thanks for trying, though. TTYL!!
Old 8th December, 2001, 10:40 PM
Banned

I don't tweak my Radeon much. I use powerstrip with XP, never used radeon tweaker. The Antialiasing settings I leave at 2X or just leave off. It degrades performance enough and doesn't make enough of a difference to notice... I can notice 4X AA but then it really eats the frames up.