AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th December, 2001, 03:30 PM

optical&wireless mouse refresh rates

I need a new mouse, what do you say about Dexxa or Typhoon optical wireless. I`ve heard that logitech mice aren`t suitable for Quake like games, because of the low frequencies. But that is exactly for what I need a new mouse.

So, are these new optical&wireless mice any good for fragging?
Old 30th December, 2001, 05:31 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

I didn't know any of the wireless mice were good for that sort of thing, as generally, they're a one way transmission, so you can't change the update rate from the mouse itself. You might be able to change the update rate from the receiver to the PC, but not between the receiver and the mouse itself.

Trying to find out the update rate from the mouse to the receiver is hard work. Manufacturers don't seem to want to give that information out.

AidanII
Old 30th December, 2001, 06:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

I'm a bit dissapointed with my optical/wireless mouse becuase when I put it through my KVM the wheel goes funny and it seems to be more jerky.
Old 30th December, 2001, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to fireball_87

id highly reccomend the logitech dual optical if it comes in wireless. dual 800dpi sensors
512mb crucial pc 2100 ddr
sound blaster audigy
120gb 7200 rpm WD hard drive
40x12x40 cd burner
16x dvd
450wpsu
alienware style green case (:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th December, 2001, 08:53 PM
Banned

I have a logitech RF optical, never noticed any issues, but then again I don't game like I used to... damn forum crawling! Stealing my Wolfenstein away