AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th September, 2001, 12:51 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

New Radeon Drivers Not Cool

The 7184 (I think it is) drivers are not good for Radeon LE. I tried them out and got 500 less points on 3dMark2001 and lower framerates in games. Not sure why. Did anybody else try these yet and if you did what do you think?

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th September, 2001, 12:53 AM
Systems Administrator

A link would help, eh.

http://www.maxreboot.com/download.ph...ownload&cid=12

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th September, 2001, 03:11 AM
Banned

It added a bounch of properties features for me radeon DDR, did notice a 2% decrease in performance but smoother gameplay.
Old 27th September, 2001, 09:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to reddeathdrinker Send a message via AIM to reddeathdrinker Send a message via Yahoo to reddeathdrinker

The Radeon is not about frame rate. IMHO, they are tweaked to give the best picture quality, with an adequate frame rate, rather than sacrificing quality for speed (รก la GeF2.....)

Comparing a GeF2 and a Radeon DDR, there is a noticable decrease in picture quality and colour richness with the GeF2......
Old 27th September, 2001, 12:15 PM
Systems Administrator

I know, but wouldn't you want those 500 points that I had on the Radeon before the new drivers back?

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 1st October, 2001, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

What os? I old scored 3350 with my a.4 tbird and 64MB radeon ddr..No irq conflicts either....