AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th January, 2004, 02:38 PM

wierd freezing problems

i orignally thought that my pointer freezing on desktop and computer stop responding must b the soft modedd 9800se card, however when i put my cpu back to default speeeds it has stopped doing this, thing is is v wierd problem as i have been working fine at 12.5 * 191 for a long time, and have even transfered to watercooling now so it should work even better now, any one have any suggestions? system spec as follow:

asus a7n8x MB 2100xp (12.5 * 191) 9800se softmodded 1024 gig twinmos/ winbond 3200 (gfx card and ram not overclocked) asetek watercooling.
Old 29th January, 2004, 02:40 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

What's your VCore and CPU temp?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th January, 2004, 02:52 PM

1.8 and about 37 under load
Old 29th January, 2004, 03:01 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Did this problem start immediately after you switched to WC, or did it take a while to start up?

Is it possible you may have a small leak around one of your hose barbs that is dripping a very small amount of water somewhere?

Does it only crash under load, or does it crash while just sitting at the desktop?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th January, 2004, 03:08 PM

just sitting on desktop and during installation i did spill some water on motherboard while on and it crashed, but wokred after drying out....now wandering whther meyb there was some perminant damage to it?
Old 29th January, 2004, 04:02 PM

jeebus i wld never guess what was casuing those random crashes....turned out to b mould on my sound card lol !! no joke.....just have dripped dried out worked fine but then mould started to grow lol
Old 29th January, 2004, 07:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Glad you were able to sus out the problem. That's a weird one, for sure.