AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th May, 2004, 06:34 PM

Need help Identifying Card manufacturer

I recently aquired a Geforce 4 TI4600 video card, 128 MB 4X AGP. I'm trying to figure out who the manufacturer is, but none of the numbers seem to be the FCC ID. The PCB is blue, Silver sticker on it says 4600. o2209B-1.0 would seem to be the model and revision number. Got this card on Ebay, and according to the seller it was removed from an Alienware machine. Tried going to the Alienware site, but without a password you can't get to any information. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and on boot the only message is GeForce 4 TI4600 128 MB and the Bios version under that.

TIA

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th May, 2004, 08:34 PM
AOA Staff

Shot in the dark:
http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/i....asp?pro_id=39

It's blue anyhow!
Old 10th May, 2004, 11:14 PM

From scouting around it I thought it could be an ELSA - but the TI 4600 128MB ELSA card supoosedly has video in - is there a separate driver for the video in? XP did not detect or load a driver for video input so I assumed it did not have VIVO. Looking at the picture of the Albatron, that very well could be the card so thanks Danrok. AT least I've narrowed it down. ANy tips for BIOS updates on TI4600 cards?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th May, 2004, 11:29 PM
AOA Staff

You should be able to find all the drivers you need at www.nvidia.com

You may need to install this one http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/wdm_w...k-Me-98se_2.20 for your VIVO to work.
Old 11th May, 2004, 12:25 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

how about a picture of it?
Old 11th May, 2004, 02:46 AM

Working on getting a picture of it - I only have a crappy webcam available and will have to pull the card again to get some pics.

AOA Team fah
Old 11th May, 2004, 02:46 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

Couldn't you just install it with reference drivers and use Sanda to ID it?

If that doesn't work you should be able to use the FCC id # and do a search on thier site.

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Old 11th May, 2004, 04:02 AM

Sandra IDs this card as an nVidia Geforce4 TI4600 - no other manufacturer info. I tried the VIVO WDM drivers, the A/V crossbar driver loaded ok but I got an error 10 on the capture driver. This sure looks like an OEM Albatron card, which doesn't have the VIVO feature. the silver sticker on the top side of the card say Ti4600, which matches the Albatron model, so I'm pretty sure Danrok pegged the right card. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, will get a pic up soon.

AOA Team fah
Old 11th May, 2004, 05:06 AM

Ok not going to have pictures any time soon - the quality with this web cam thing is so bad you can't even see the color hehe.

AOA Team fah
Old 11th May, 2004, 05:38 PM
AOA Staff

Does it have a VIVO socket on it? Probably an s-video type connector.
Old 19th May, 2004, 12:40 AM

The card does have an S-Video socket, but looks like it's for output only.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th March, 2005, 12:42 AM

Update onthis card: I have located a Conexant Video Encoder chip on this card, numbered CX25871-15. That ring a bell with anyone?

AOA Team fah
Old 14th March, 2005, 03:57 AM
Steve Jobs

the conexant means its an Ultra/TD card. no TV in. If its dark blue, and has a connexant chip on it i would take a stab at ASUS. My ASUS TI4600 is darkish blue with a connexant chip. Does it have samsung memory on it?
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 14th March, 2005, 03:59 AM
Steve Jobs

furthermore, do not update the bios. There is no performance to be gained. There is no fixes to be made. the TI4600 bioses are available widely because people flash their TI4400s into 4600. there is a large risk of incorrectly flashing as well on GF4TI cards. Dont do it lol.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 14th March, 2005, 04:16 PM

Thanks diso, that is what I suspected. Not having been able to determine the manufacturer with any certainty I hadn't messed with the BIOS. Let me open the cover on the PC here and see if I can spot the label on the memory..... yeppers, Samsung 211, can'tmake out the second line without pulling the card. SUpposedly this card was originally in an Alienware machine, so an Ultra is a good possibility. The card is a dark blue,sounds just like your ASUS. There are no RAM heatsinks installed - is it worth trying? The card gets nice frame rates even in newer games, I just have to live without some of the eye candy.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th March, 2005, 08:18 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanenwindrift
From scouting around it I thought it could be an ELSA - but the TI 4600 128MB ELSA card supoosedly has video in - is there a separate driver for the video in? XP did not detect or load a driver for video input so I assumed it did not have VIVO. Looking at the picture of the Albatron, that very well could be the card so thanks Danrok. AT least I've narrowed it down. ANy tips for BIOS updates on TI4600 cards?

A bit OT, sorry. I thought Elsa got out of the Vidcard business? I have an old Nvidia original GF 32 Mb card from Elsa that was a real nice slab of plastic.
Old 14th March, 2005, 11:28 PM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanenwindrift
Thanks diso, that is what I suspected. Not having been able to determine the manufacturer with any certainty I hadn't messed with the BIOS. Let me open the cover on the PC here and see if I can spot the label on the memory..... yeppers, Samsung 211, can'tmake out the second line without pulling the card. SUpposedly this card was originally in an Alienware machine, so an Ultra is a good possibility. The card is a dark blue,sounds just like your ASUS. There are no RAM heatsinks installed - is it worth trying? The card gets nice frame rates even in newer games, I just have to live without some of the eye candy.
no point in installing ramsinks mate, they are BGA chips rather than TSOP chips so they do not put out any real heat. Ramsinks have given people 1-2Mhz increases however due to the nature of the beasts its easy to damage them when sinking them. Its just not worth it.

Those samsung chips you have are rated for DDR650, and in nearly all cases hit 700. Mine went from 290/600 to 350/710. However TI chips have been known to become unstable after being overclocked for long periods of time. Mine was unstable at 350 after 6 months. unstable at 340 another 6 months later. 330 unstable another 8 or so months later. i ended up returning it to stock before it did any damage.

Also, keep in mind that the stock nvidia cooler is only rated to work for 10,000 hours. Mine and many others have worn out bearings and make a high speed clicking noise. I replaced it with a thermaltake G4 cooler which is rated for 50,000 hours and works quite a bit better than stock.

They are quite interesting cards those, and if you know how to tune it, its a beast. dont forget to pick up a copy of the Omega 44.03 performance drivers for that thing.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 15th March, 2005, 04:35 AM

Hmmm I'm downloading the Omega drivers now, but to be honest my previous tetsing showed that the 60 series drivers give substantially better performance. Having said that I going to test the Omega drivers again to be sure lol. This card is clocked 300/650 stock. and I have had stability problems pushing it very much. Heatsink/fan are not the originals - part of why I had such a hard time identifying the card - but I have remouted the fan and re-done the thermal paste. This card has been rock solid since I got it 10 months or so ago, and handled Doom 3 with no fuss - just had to turn things down a bit. Half Life 2 demo ran smooth as silk when set for DX8 card as well.

AOA Team fah
Old 15th March, 2005, 06:24 AM

Ok NOW I remember what the deal is: those 44.03 Omega drivers do indeed give a boost in performance - like a 1500 point boost in Aquamark! Unfortunately they also crash when exiting Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3. A shame too, they seem to run fantatsic IN the game but the whole system crashes when you exit! I'll be fooling around with these drivers and some of the other Omega drivers to see if I can get by this issue, for now I am running the latest Valence Drivers with no problems.

AOA Team fah
Old 15th March, 2005, 05:47 PM

Ok got around the crash probelm in CFS3, seems to be an issue with AA settings in this game only, otherwise these drivers scream!

AOA Team fah