AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th July, 2004, 04:22 PM

Update:

The last few weeks I have been busy with work, PLUS my truck has decided to short out all of its computers and electronics . Good news is the Voodoo machine is getting and upgrade, getting a Duron 700 from a friend.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2004, 04:25 PM

BTW, how do you overclock the microprocessor in a Chevy Truck?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th July, 2004, 10:07 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Dual 4-barrel carbs.....
Old 28th July, 2004, 02:27 PM

LOL Unfortunately my truck is fuel injected :P

AOA Team fah
Old 28th July, 2004, 02:57 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Dual 4-barrel carbs.....

Rob

PS, I have an 800 duron that will do 1gig all day long from Allan.
I'll throw it up in the classy's if you don't want it.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 28th July, 2004, 03:21 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanenwindrift
BTW, how do you overclock the microprocessor in a Chevy Truck?
Swap the crystal/resonator out with one of a higher frequency? Overclocking it might not have the desired effect though. If the EFI uses that clock as it's time reference, you'd lean out the mixture, as it'd think time had passed faster.
Old 28th July, 2004, 06:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Repo Man Send a message via AIM to Repo Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanenwindrift
Update:

The last few weeks I have been busy with work, PLUS my truck has decided to short out all of its computers and electronics . Good news is the Voodoo machine is getting and upgrade, getting a Duron 700 from a friend.
Curious, what motherboard do you have for the donated chip?
Old 31st July, 2004, 02:47 PM

I've got a Gigabyte board - Via KT133A chipset, don't have the model number in front of me ATM.

AOA Team fah
Old 31st July, 2004, 06:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Repo Man Send a message via AIM to Repo Man

That'll be nice. You'll now be at the point where the video card is the limiting factor, so any further upgrades will defeat the purpose of the whole exercise.
Old 3rd August, 2004, 05:41 AM

That's the idea - hopefully I will have it in my hands this week.

AOA Team fah
Old 10th August, 2004, 10:42 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

Quote:
Can you try out Command and Conquer renegade? cos wheni was usin a voodoo 5500 i had problems playing renegade
My old 5500 had some major azz compatibility problems..
But some drivers will work for certain games for it..
Oh, and that K-6 is holding it back, you need a P3 on it, or an original TB.
That is if you want to keep the classic feeling..

AOA Team fah
Old 10th August, 2004, 11:05 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Heh, my old DOS machine works fine. It's a Pentium II 400Mhz on an old Abit BX6 motherboard with 128MB RAM. It's running FreeDOS, so no license concerns there. Soundcard is a Philips Acoustic Edge, which is one of the few cards I've found that appears to be very close to being truly SB/SBPro compatible. Had to move it about slots a bit to ensure it ended up on IRQ5, but once that was done no TSR was required to screw around with interupts! It even plays Pinball Fantasies and OMF2097 just fine!

Graphics card is an old Geforce 2 MX with heatsink from a P90. For those who might remember, it's the one that got partially disassembled for a lapping attempt. That didn't help the card's overclocking. TV out works fine however, and those old DOS games are at a resolution that suits the TV.