AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th June, 2004, 04:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to heavypacker

for pci is the ati 9200 the best

I need a decent graphics card. I am pci with 5200 and I am looking at the 9200 ati. What do you guys think is there a better solution besides another MoBo?
Old 13th June, 2004, 05:59 PM

If I understand you correctly you have the nVidia FX5200 PCI video card. The 5200 has one great feature, the fact that it is DX9 compliant. I haven't personally used the 9200, but it is a DX8 card. I doubt you will see any real framerate difference between the two, since your bottleneck is going to be the PCI bus. A new motherboard may be your best answer - you can get an nForce2 board (if you have an AMD processor) for about $60 at Newegg - about the same as a PCI video card. Then save a few bucks and get and AGP card. What are your system specs? I would be more than happy to help you figure out and upgrade path that makes sense, so would many here on AOA.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!