AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th June, 2004, 01:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Hoppster

Cool GF3 vTi500 lock ups

GF3 Ti500 64mb @ 275 gpu core 500 memory
kt133 based chipset with XP-TMC adapter
Athlon xp-m 2600 @ 110fsb x 20 = 2200mhz
384mb PC133 SDRam @ 133mhz

I am having problems with running 3dmark2001 and battlefield 1942.

In bf1942 every couple of minutes or so the game will freeze for a few (5 to 10) seconds and then carry on. With taskmangr running, the CPU seems to be running at 100% during the lockup.
It does not matter if the cpu oc'd at 2200mhz or if its at standard 2000.

in 3dmark2001 the game will freeze in the nature and dragorithic tests for 5 or so seconds a couple of times each test. The results are 8000 @ 2000 and 7200@2200. I believe the lower score at higher cpu is a result of more and longer lockups.

I had the same probs before I upgraded the cpu, so im guessing its not that

Does anyone know if the lockups would be from the cpu, the gpu, the memory or the mobo fsb. Is it an overheating problem. any help would be appreciated.

Regards
MarkH + =
Old 20th June, 2004, 04:16 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Make sure you shut down any processes that you don't need prior to running the bench or games. I was having problems with annoying freezes of about 500 mS every 5 seconds or so, and it turned out that it was because I had Electron Microscope running.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th June, 2004, 05:08 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Have you scanned for viruses?!?! You can try www.trendmicro.com for a free online virus scan.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th July, 2004, 10:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Hoppster

Angry Dang Nvidia Drivers !!

OK, Ive narrowed it down to the drivers.

but which one is best for my Ti500 setup??

Installing the older 3d Prophet OEM driver, (Nvidia 40.41)it runs sweet and fast on Directx8 games. and is stable on everything. I get a good 3d2001 benchmark result with this driver. But when I run a DX9 game, (Virtual skipper3) i get really crappy graphics and poor performance. Apparently this driver has no DX9 support.

Updating to the latest WHQL Driver 56.72, Virtual skipper 3 runs and looks real sweet. But older games lock up solid, even without overclocking. DXDiag test direct draw locks up solid. and I cant run Rise of nations at all. 3d2001 benchmark has temporary freeses and poor scores. I thought these drivers were supposed to be backward compatible. I think its a direct draw problem.

So heres me thinking me should try an in between driver.
So I loaded a 45.23 driver and yes, Virtual skipper 3 looks good and good performance (not quite as good as the newest driver) All the dx8 games work fine, but the 3d2001 is choppy and poor score.

Is it possible to some how have two drivers set up and switch between them on boot?