AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th August, 2004, 08:59 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

drivercleaner will only do video files...not to worry. what is happennig is that your 2 drivers are conflicting...and causing the slowness. if you never uninstalled your nvida driver i GUARANTEE that this is the prob.
Old 20th August, 2004, 09:08 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Done all your windows and driver updates? Got anything running in the background while your running 3dMark?
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th August, 2004, 09:55 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie
Done all your windows and driver updates? Got anything running in the background while your running 3dMark?
Rob
might be a virus possibly...but those #'s that are half scores are usually due to driverconflicts that i have seen. but, you never know, i could be completely way off.
Old 20th August, 2004, 09:55 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

What do you get on 3DMark03? as this is a DX9 benchmark unlike 3DMark01 which is DX8.1. I think you should be aiming for something around 4000 in 3DMark03. Give it a spin and post your results.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st August, 2004, 04:59 AM

The CPU and the RAM could be holding things back, because even though 3d mark tries to put everthing to the video card there are still things that go through the rest of the machine. I noticed a difference in my score before and after ocing my CPU....
Old 21st August, 2004, 03:02 PM

I dont have anything running in the background while im in 3dmark and i have uninstalled the old drivers. I have done all my updates, and as far as im aware i dont have any virii. I suppose it could be my CPU and RAM, but how can i be sure?
Old 22nd August, 2004, 03:57 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

256mb of RAM is way low if you are running win XP.

Also download and run SiSoftware Sandra. You can find it in the files section. It will tell you your mobo maunfacturer and model as well as the same for the video card. Then you can download and install the latest BIOS and chipset drivers as well as clean out the video drivers and reinstall them.

If that doesn't help your score dramaticly then check to see if you have a 128 bit memory interface on your video card. If you do TAKE IT BACK! If not something is ammiss.

good luck

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.