AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th February, 2002, 04:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to CreePinG_DeatH

GeForce 2 GTS to Quadro?

ok.. I have a visiontek geforce 2 gts video card. I am going to, or I want to, convert it to the quadro or whatever it's called by crushing the resistors...

Anyway, I wanted to know if I should just leave them crushed, or do I solder over them? I mean if the resistors aren't in place, the solder won't really do anything would it? Or would it make it messed up by giving the current several places to go?

Post # 2 WooT WooT!!
Old 5th February, 2002, 04:35 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

You may want to try this software solution that Bender, a member of the www.daocplace.com staff, so brilliantly pointed out on DaOCPlace: http://www.daocplace.com/index.php?article=quadro

Of course, we aren't responsible if you screw up your card, but it's worth a shot since it's much less risky that "crushing resistors."

Did I do a good enough job throwing some WWW.DAOCPLACE.COM advertising in while still making sure it pertained to the matter at hand?

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2002, 05:19 AM

the driver isn't letting me change it... It says document is read only- but it isn't checked as read only in the properties box
Old 5th February, 2002, 05:24 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by CreePinG_DeatH
the driver isn't letting me change it... It says document is read only- but it isn't checked as read only in the properties box
I'll ask Bender if he knows anything that may help.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2002, 05:26 AM

cool beans... thanx... I'm not opposed to "crushing resistors" lol was looking forward to it haha...
Old 5th February, 2002, 05:33 AM
New Member/OES

Send a message via AIM to Bender

You may have to copy the file in DOS mod the file and then replace it back in DOS. The system is probably using the file so it doesn't like you messing with it. Make shure to have a backup if you goof this up.

The Project ProjectSimon.com And BizOng.com
Old 5th February, 2002, 05:36 AM

Ok how about a quick crash course about how to do that... lol... How do I edit it in DOS? I was editing the backup and then I would replace it.
Old 5th February, 2002, 06:42 AM
New Member/OES

Send a message via AIM to Bender

I ment just copy the file, start windows, edit the file, and copy it back with dos. To edit the file I reccomend using Ultra Edit. You can get it from download.com.

The Project ProjectSimon.com And BizOng.com