AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2005, 04:09 AM
Steve Jobs

I take my hat off to anyone who plays GTA3 and Vice on a TNT2. when you finally do upgrade the wow experience is going to be great

It isnt really an issue... your card cant do DX9, so if the driver cant do DX9 either nothing changes. run the 44.03s with DX9.0C installed and it should run ok. despite the fact that your using DX9 in vice, you are only using direct 3d 6.0 not 9.0 due to hardware support, but 9.0 for audio etc. i think it will be fine.

if not you can always change back to the newer drivers

http://files.aoaforums.com/index.php?dir=138
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2005, 04:16 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Well ill give them a try and run that 3dmark program again as i just ran it then to compare after making a big change (different drivers for example).

Though it is kinda weird when using dxdiag and tesing Direct3D it test's 7/8/9 interfaces and reports all tests succesfull. Perhaps this means something else though?

EDIT: GTA3 and Vice City actually run pretty smooth the whole way through but i do run on pretty much lowest settings etc which doesnt bother me.

GTA3 fps averages around 25 to 38 unless in a situation where it might drop to 18 or so for a very short period. Pretty much the same with Vice City but may drop lower at times when things get heavy.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 05:04 AM
Banned

Hmmm i got a sightly better makr in 3dmark 2001 se but im getting lower fps on GTA3.

Plus i cant oc it anymore the overclock settings only allow from 0 to 100mhz for both core and memory which is lower then default :|
Old 2nd February, 2005, 05:14 AM
Steve Jobs

use rivatuner to overclock it at a hardware level rather than a bios level
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd February, 2005, 05:31 AM
Banned

It still seems to be slower i switched back 66.93 and im getting a higher fps now. It's oc'ed slightly higher then with the older drivers though but i doubt its enough to get a 5/10 fps increase over the old ones.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 11:50 AM
Member/Contributer

gta only runs at about 25fps anyway due to the frame limitter

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 2nd February, 2005, 12:38 PM
Banned

30fps but can run higher with frame limiter off. I think its 25fps with frame limiter on for vice city.

What im trying to improve is the fps when alot is going on as it can drop to notciable lag even if it isnt for too long though sometimes it is.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 02:37 PM
Member/Contributer

I'd say your biggest limitting factor is not having hardware TnL

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah