AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd February, 2005, 06:50 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Yay more questions :) Sis 300/305 oc'ing.

I have a Sis 300/305 and wondering if anyone knows any software for changing settings/core - memory speed. The latest drivers for this card i got from Sis site didnt allow me to do anything except change Video Overlay and colours and there were some grayed out buttons though :|

It has larger memory at 32mb as apposed to 16mb on my TNT2 and im hoping i might be able to get more out of the Sis then the TNT2. And supposedly it supports Hardware T&L but i havent's been able to find out if i ts true or not.
Old 2nd February, 2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

Ok forget about that.

1. Im lucky if i can boot up.
2. It freezes on nearly every game bah.

I also had some weird colours n **** coming up when i put my TNT2 back i think this one has just about had it to.
Old 3rd February, 2005, 02:45 AM
AOA Staff

the 315 was a GF2 class chip that had hardware T&L and aint asll that bad, the 300/305 was never a very good chip for anything but servers. and that TNT ait gonna run much but quake2 and not that well...

$50 will get ya a 9100 or a spankin 440mx/128 or 9000pro, heck theres even 5200/9200 in that range that offer questionable dx9.
Old 3rd February, 2005, 08:14 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Put anther way, save yourself from true unhappiness, open your life to the thrill of a modern Graphics's card; for $50 bucks you can amaze yourself!! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

I just hate having to wait for my GFX5200 i want gta games running better now!!!! . Only 12 or so more days and i should have it just hope i dont have any major hassles with it.

To save me a bit of trouble later could someone tell me the appropriate drivers for it? Im guessing latest ForceWare eh.
Old 3rd February, 2005, 10:21 AM
Member/Contributer

get the omega drivers, they make a fair bit of differance on the 5200

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2005, 02:00 PM
Banned

Ohhh i remember that site i took a look at it yesterday i found it through a google search of modified or custom made nvidia drivers. Good thing you mentioned it though i had completely forgotten and hadnt bookmarked it. Have done so now though
Old 6th February, 2005, 04:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

yeah, SiS 300/305 aren't really very good for anything apart from basic use like surfing the net, using email, stuff like that. A few days ago, i had this card, i got it with this computer. I bought a Voodoo 3 3000 off of ebay UK and it arrived a few days ago. I installed it and even though it only has half the memory of the SiS (the SiS has 32Mb) it's connected by AGP so it runs a lot faster. The OpenGL support for the Voodoo isn't as good as the SiS though (I've tried running enemy territory but it just says cannot load openGL subsystem).
Old 6th February, 2005, 05:03 PM
Member/Contributer

if I remember correctly voodoo cards don't properly support opengl, only a subset of it to allow it to run games. Also they only support 16bit colour so any games that require 32bit colour would have a problem.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 6th February, 2005, 05:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

well, i've run most games fine on XP.And in display properties, it says 32 bit although yes, you are right that they do only support 16 bit, this must just be an XP thing as it is displaying like my old card.
Old 6th February, 2005, 05:46 PM
Member/Contributer

it will support 32bit 2D displays like the desktop but only renders 3D in 16bit colour

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah